Mod Organizer behaving weird regarding INI file

General help and troubleshooting.
Noxus

Mod Organizer behaving weird regarding INI file

Post by Noxus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 am

SO, i have been modding away (Mod Organizer 2) for about 10 hours now, periodically started the game to check that all works. So far so good. But then last night i got the "white faces on black body" bug. I remembered that the problem usually was the "bLoad..." line in the ini file and sure enough it was missing. So i made the relevant change but when i started the game again I still had the problem. Went back to the Ini file and the change i had made was gone. "Perhaps I did not remember to save" was my thought so I did the change again. Same result. The ini file changes back to its former state every time i start the game with NVSE. BUT it does not end there. I also unchecked some other plugins but once i start the game they are still active. They disappear if i uninstall them but simply unchecking the checkbox seems to do nothing. Any idea what is happening here?

--------------EDIT----------UPDATE--------------------

I solved it by adding the missing "bLoad..." entry in the ini-file and THEN setting the ini-file to Read Only, reasoning that it might prevent MO from making whatever reverting to older state it was doing and VOILA! That worked, now faces match the body and the entry stays in the ini-file. The other bug with MO not caring if i unselected a mod or not is also gone, but that was most likely due to some bug related to running the MO and continuously making changes for about 10+ hours without any reboot or restart of the program. Today it all works as it should regarding the mysterious checkbox problem. So if this problem hits someone else then this is how it can be fixed.
Last edited by Noxus on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Mod Organizer behaving weird regarding INI file

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:30 am

Seems this is caused when the ones in your documents folder have read only flags, MO2 seems to keep copying the state of those flags.

Noxus

Post by Noxus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 am

They do not have the read-only checkbox enabled though, and I have tried deleting them, letting the launcher create new ones. I have also tried directly changing the ini-file for the MO2 profiles directly in the folder. When i start MO and check the ini-file it has the correction, but as soon as i launch the game itself the change is deleted/reverted. I wonder if it is a bug related from Steam refusing to let me change the install from the Programs folder, according to what some say there can be a problem related to games being installed there (thought i have never had a problem with that before and did not have this issue when playing FNV last year).

Perhaps using Bethini would work, i will try it.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 pm

MO2 has a setting for global ini or profile specific ini files. If you go with profile specific, the place where all the MO2 folders are will be a profiles folder, and inside that will be folders whose names are the same as each profile you create, and inside each of those will be a set of ini files. THOSE ini files will be used instead of the ini files found in the documents folder for the user. Changes must be made to them as while MO2 is handling the data folder, it will also replace those ini files with the ones from the profile. This is done to allow different ini files for different profiles. It's handy for things like one profile for vanilla FNV and another for TTW.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:49 pm

NO don't use Bethini will corrupt your inis !