Alternatives for NVEC

General help and troubleshooting.
charwo

Alternatives for NVEC

Post by charwo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:18 am

I totaly get that NVEC causes a lot of problems. THing is, I don't want NVEC for the bug fixes, I want it for the dozens and dozens of quality of life mods, not to mention the regular quest mods like the findable magazines and knickknacks the Collector Mod and DEIMOS, thougBounties or AWOP.

So is there a more modern version of NVEC? Cause the mod limit hangs over my head like the Sword of Damocles

Death_Reaper56

Re: Alternatives for NVEC

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:12 pm

You get pretty much all of that as stand alone mods.But not all of them are compatible without a patch or some fixing up.

charwo

Post by charwo » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Well, I'd be happy to download them individually, which isn't a problem until I reach 130 mods and then my game starts breaking.

I mod THE HELL out of my game, and I will prioritize quest mods above all else. I don't have room for little quality of life mods, that's why I forsook all HUD mods despite the fact they look AMAZING.

If this was on Open MW and I could have 10K, 20K mods running at once then I'd be in heaven but Open MW for the Oblivion generation is years away. Until then, I don't have the tech-savvy to merge mods with any degree of reliability.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:32 am

None of the mods would work in openmw because no one would port NVSE, MCM, JIPNVSE, JohnnyGuitar and the other plugins to work in it. So you'd be stuck with all the old broken crap mods that use vanilla only.

Just install that stuff and play in NV vanilla... besides someguys mods and awop etc are all way out of date in NVEC.

charwo

Post by charwo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:11 am

Playing Vanilla is not an answer for me. I know how things go in the MQ, I know what my headcanon differences are, I know what my Courier is going to pick. Anything else I pick needs to expand on my Courier's story. Zion Trail does that, Boulder City would if I liked it, but I don't, Zion Trail does that, even TTW's version of Point Lookout does that, although she's a very different character than my LW.

I need a way around he mod limit, but it doesn't seem to exist. Not one I can actually do.

homerarity

Post by homerarity » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:21 am

You get pretty much all of that as stand alone mods.But not all of them are compatible without a patch or some fixing up.

Thanks
https://homerarity.com/ covers everything about the home with an emphasis on interior design, home décor and architecture. exteriors, We also cover home financing, furnishings, landscape design and gardening.

Lyaneri

Post by Lyaneri » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Think your best option would be to spend some time learning how to completely merge these small QOL mods in to one esp. I manually merged Roy Batty's FOVSlider and some other minor mods with xEdit few years ago. It took a while and was quite tedious changing global references, but knowing how to do it now is amazing reward in itself! There are probably tutorials and tools that will make whole process much less tedious and more efficient than what I did.

You are probably already familiar with fixing conflicts via xEdit considering how much mods you use so it should not be that much of a problem. If you're not familiar and still only use auto patching like bashpatch and xEdit's mergepatch, then you should really start learning to manually make conflict fixes. You will realize how much flawed auto patching is and how much of an broken mess game can be while all tools say everything is perfectly fine.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:59 pm

^ this times 1000