Can not get past first perks in new game

General help and troubleshooting.
DocDeath666

Can not get past first perks in new game

Post by DocDeath666 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:22 am

Hi everybody the game start and run but right after i have made my face setup and it goes to setup my personality the game stop responding (it do not crash) i can here the music and see the monitor in the back blinking and dad just stirre at me the only response i can get is press E to here the baby cry it just never comes to the personality setup it just stop responding, i use mo2 on win 10 64x and i do not have any Incompatible mods installed everything is clean installed fallout3 fallout new vegas and TTW is updated to v3.2.2 i hope someone can help

jlf65

Re: Can not get past first perks in new game

Post by jlf65 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 pm

Did you update JIPLN? Have you installed NVAC? If you installed NVSR, try NVTF instead.

DocDeath666

Post by DocDeath666 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:37 pm

hi thank you for your response i just reinstalled everything and i works great now i most have done something wrong the first time so problem solved

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 pm

NVAC shouldn't be necessary for vanilla TTW.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 am

But it does vastly improve the stability of FONV in general, so it should be a standard part of any NV/TTW install.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:01 am

It only really gets unstable with mods, I can play for 8 hours at a stretch without crash in vanilla TTW.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 pm

That depends on where you are in the map. I get vanilla crashes after just a few minutes of play around Roosevelt Academy in DC or around Nellis in the Mojave without NVAC. Those places are notorious for crashing the vanilla games. The other bad places in DC are the Everglow Campground and Vault 87. In New Vegas, you can have issues with Cottonwood Cove and Vault 22. Of course, your gameplay experiences may vary. :D

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:13 pm

I've been to every corner, every cell of both maps at least 100 times, I don't experience any crashes except after very long periods of play when memory corruption gets the best of the game.

It's a mod causing your issues.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:31 pm

The problems with Roosevelt Academy and Nellis are well documented vanilla bugs that don't affect everyone. There are all sorts of those. However, they're not as bad with NVAC if you do have them. I also ran into the bug with explosive ammo not working right in New Vegas, which others also tend not to get. NVAC does nothing for that one. All of this was with no mods at all - I always play the game without any mods first to get the experience the devs intended... and then go nuts with the mods for the gameplay I intend. :lol:

If you go through the wiki, there are literally thousands of documented bugs for all versions of the vanilla games. I've seen some, and not others, but NVAC is almost mandatory, even when playing vanilla. If you haven't seen these bugs, good for you. You're lucky! I'm not so lucky on my vanilla game play. I think many of the bugs are issues with cpus and gpus as I've seen a change as I went from an older AMD APU to a newer AMD FX6300, and from built in AMD video to an nvidia 1050Ti. I've also heard from friends with Intel cpus who have a different experience in vanilla. I know NVAC does a bunch of SSE patching in the exceptions, and that that is very different between Intel and AMD.

Given that and the fact that nearly everyone IS going to use mods, I wonder why NVAC isn't part of the TTW standard install at this point. I'd at least make it part of the install instructions right after updating JIPLN. ;)

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:53 am

I'm a bug magnet though, and I've seen thousands of bugs not documented, and fixed them.

I don't trust the wikis as they often document stuff from the release versions of the game, which were fixed in patches, or just complete nonsense. They have loads of incorrect information that in the past, myself and other team members have tried to correct, but it's always reverted by their less than friendly moderators.

I realize ymmv, but I'm serious about mods usually being the issue, they almost always are when it comes to crashes with TTW. If you find a crash, or bug, tell me about it and how to reproduce it and I'll fix it if it's at all possible.