ERROR

General help and troubleshooting.
morgantreeman

ERROR

Post by morgantreeman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:16 am

"you have decompressed Fallout: New Vegas BSA archives, TTW can be installed on the vanilla game version only"
this keeps popping up when i try to install TTW and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the steam version.
can someone please help me?

Risewild

Re: ERROR

Post by Risewild » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:45 am

Your games have to be vanilla and patched to the latest version for the installer to work.

If you uninstall your games using the steam option, it will only remove the game files, not the mods you have.

For you to get a vanilla game state, you have to uninstall the game using the Steam option, then you have to go to the game folder and delete all the remaining files from there.

You can then install the game again.

If you use a mod manager that is not a Mod Organizer, make sure you use that mod manager to uninstall the mods you installed (using that same mod manager) before you delete your game/files.
Signature:

morgantreeman

Post by morgantreeman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 am

thanks, i got that problem fixed but now when i try and load it up ttw crashes on the title menu

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:16 pm

If you use NVSR, switch to NVTF (tick fixer). If you aren't using NVAC (anti-crash), install it. Make sure you updated JIPLN.