Missing HUD

General help and troubleshooting.
2Pix

Missing HUD

Post by 2Pix » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Hello,

When i installed TTW according to the video im missing the entire HUD except short icons popup when i grab something. No text, compass, AP, health, ammo counter, just nothing. That is in vanilla state. I managed to install DarnifiedUI for TTW from here and now im missing still the compass, ammo counter and any "popup text" when pointing to doors, things, people etc. (+using the TTW quick start mod)

Any idea what it can cause?

TIA

RoyBatty

Re: Missing HUD

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:43 am

The install directory wasn't clean and/or you are missing the fonts in the ini.

2Pix

Post by 2Pix » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:21 am

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your reply. It was on a clean install of the whole system (i actually did it inside a VM) as i had some clogged installation from the past on the real deal. I followed the path described in the video to install TTW into a separate directory using MO2. Followed the part to fix the red triangle/mesh thing. I've literally spend a week on it as i had to recode the files over night. Can you please point me how the font entry should look like?

Thanks.

(if needed i can provide any output/log/config needed, just dont know which one might be helpful)

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Darnified UI comes with a Readme .txt that has the Fonts sections ready for copy and paste onto your .ini files.
Signature:

2Pix

Post by 2Pix » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello,

I have no HUD in vanilla mod (following the video, doing it inside a clean VM, also tried both Steam and GOG versions). I was able to get using Darnified UI at least something of it and yes, i modified the ini file for the fonts ( iwas thinking i missed something in the TTW installation part), using the readme inside the compressed file - still missing things. I was mentioning Darnified UI as it someway helped me from my problem, not that i want to use it (which i dont want to).