Crash when going to Vegas

General help and troubleshooting.
jasper112

Crash when going to Vegas

Post by jasper112 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm not on the new 3.2 version. I have no idea which version I'm on and if someone could tell me how I can check that, that'd be great.
Probably 2.9.4 or something.

My game crashes when I take the train to New Vegas. It displays the "nine years later" and then the fallout NV intro, loading screen for 1 or 2 sec and then CTD.
The weird thing is: this is my second or third playthrough with this exact installation. Same mods, same settings, same configs. Every playthrough before it would work just fine.
If anyone has experience with this or knows what could be causing it I'd be very grateful.

Loadorder

RoyBatty

Re: Crash when going to Vegas

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 pm

2.9.4 (which you are definitely on) has no support sorry.

jasper112

Post by jasper112 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:33 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 pm
2.9.4 (which you are definitely on) has no support sorry.
Does this mean I have to reinstall fallout + ttw 3.3.2? I hope the mods will work on it but doubt it.
Also, I can teleport to New Vegas without problems. Does teleporting and starting the quest with commands cause any issues or will that work?

Thanks anyway

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:23 am

TTW mods for 3.x will cause problems for previous TTW versions.
TTW changed too much. It stopped being a mod and became a total conversion, it's more complex and edits/alters/adds/fixes more stuff too.

That is also one of the reasons we can't give support for previous versions, too much have changed and it would be unrealistic to be supporting several versions of TTW, specially since 2.9.4b is so old. It's also not possible for us to remember how everything worked in previous versions. :?
Signature:

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 am

jasper112 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:33 pm
Does this mean I have to reinstall fallout + ttw 3.3.2? I hope the mods will work on it but doubt it.
Also, I can teleport to New Vegas without problems. Does teleporting and starting the quest with commands cause any issues or will that work?

Thanks anyway

The devs mentioned in the faq before that using the console command aka coc to travel from DC to NV will break scripts.

Quote from FAQ, Under Gamplay Question:" How do I get to the Mojave and back to the Capital Wasteland?"
DO NOT USE CONSOLE COMMANDS OR OUTDATED TRAVEL MODS TO CHANGE WASTELANDS. Always use the TTW train stations or any (up-to-date) mod that offers a safe travel option. This is because TTW needs to set specific variables and quests (when changing wastelands) for the game to run properly. If you "cheat", you will break your game.
Check also viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6878 for incompatible mods when you decide to upgrade to TTW 3.2.2.

jasper112

Post by jasper112 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Risewild wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:23 am
TTW mods for 3.x will cause problems for previous TTW versions.
TTW changed too much. It stopped being a mod and became a total conversion, it's more complex and edits/alters/adds/fixes more stuff too.

That is also one of the reasons we can't give support for previous versions, too much have changed and it would be unrealistic to be supporting several versions of TTW, specially since 2.9.4b is so old. It's also not possible for us to remember how everything worked in previous versions. :?
UsagiPyon wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 am

The devs mentioned in the faq before that using the console command aka coc to travel from DC to NV will break scripts.

Quote from FAQ, Under Gamplay Question:" How do I get to the Mojave and back to the Capital Wasteland?"
DO NOT USE CONSOLE COMMANDS OR OUTDATED TRAVEL MODS TO CHANGE WASTELANDS. Always use the TTW train stations or any (up-to-date) mod that offers a safe travel option. This is because TTW needs to set specific variables and quests (when changing wastelands) for the game to run properly. If you "cheat", you will break your game.
Check also viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6878 for incompatible mods when you decide to upgrade to TTW 3.2.2.
Thanks for the help. Guess I'll be reinstalling then