listening post player home

General help and troubleshooting.
lazynick

listening post player home

Post by lazynick » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 am

anyone knows if it safe to use the teleporter to travel between wastelands ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67072?tab=posts

Death_Reaper56

Re: listening post player home

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:07 am

Should be as long as you took the train from DC to the Mojave first.

lazynick

Post by lazynick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:52 am

yeah the first trip between each wastleand i took the train. So the scripts only need to fire once and then its ok to travel with other means ?

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 am

The mod description says what to do to make it work properly:
This took me a bit to figure out how to make it do what I wanted it to do but I'm pretty proud of the result. To make the teleporter work, you first need the schematic located in the filing cabinet in operations. When this schematic is added to your notes, a new Megaton or Tenpenny Tower house upgrade item will be available to buy from either Moira Brown, Lydia Montenegro, or Michael Masters, depending on which DC home and quests you choose. You need to take the train one more time back to DC (TTW did an amazing job, enjoy the train) and buy the Homemade Teleporter Upgrade (valued at 10,000 caps). Once you buy this upgrade, new items will be added to either your Megaton or Tenpenny Tower home containing the teleporter to the Listening Post. You can now travel instantly between DC and the Mojave. If you have a mod or exploit allowing you to purchase both DC homes, choose one teleporter upgrade or the other. The teleporter doors in the Listening Post share the exact same location and will probably mesh so that only one will be usable.
So you first get the schematic and then take the train back to the Capital Wasteland. Then you buy the upgrade for your player home and that should be enough to make the teleporter work.
Signature:

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 am

If the transporter makes use the functions we made to handle traveling between wastelands, it would be fine. If it does not, then no, it won't.

lazynick

Post by lazynick » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 am

yeah what Roy said , that's why i asked if someone who knows what to look in the scripts maybe take a look, because i have no idea what to look for and the mod author haven't respond to me.