Super mutants not equipping weapons, need help in FNVEdit to fix

General help and troubleshooting.
Deroxis

Super mutants not equipping weapons, need help in FNVEdit to fix

Post by Deroxis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Load order: https://i.imgur.com/jdSfy1z.png

So my problem seems to be a common one but im out of my depth in figuring out how to fix it. Supermutants in my game cannot use Assault Rifles or the .32 Rifles. After intensive searching, its seems to be an error made when Project Nevada is combined with TTW, where Super Mutant weapon lists get removed. Many forum posts suggest using FNVEdit to "just copy over the original". However, I have never used the program and am finding it very difficult to not only find the problems source but also how to fix it. Generally they say I need to look for the CREA files which are affected, but all the Project nevada files dont have creature folders, also, im not really sure what the weapon lists would look like, sorry if it sounds like im an idiot.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me tips on how to fix the issue or how to find it at all. Thanks.

jlf65

Re: Super mutants not equipping weapons, need help in FNVEdit to fix

Post by jlf65 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 pm

They're not separate files, they're fields inside the esp/esm. You need to install Fallout New Vegas Edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34703/?

That will allow you to look at and modify plugins to fix issues like lists getting whacked. If you use MO2, you should run FNVEdit thru MO2 so that it gets all the plugins in their proper paths and priorities. Find the plugin in question and click the arrow to open it up. Look for Leveled Items and click it to open it up, then try to find an item related to super mutants and click on it. All the fields will show on the right side for each plugin that uses that item. Don't edit any of the base plugins. You can edit the PN plugin, or create a new plugin to patch PN. Just play around with FNVEdit for a while to get a feel for how it works. BACK EVERYTHING UP FIRST!!! You'll probably kill your game while learning to use FNVEdit. After awhile, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Or you could look at the incompatible mod list and listen to what it says. You're using all of Project Nevada when the Core is the only compatible module. You need to get rid of all of the incompatible modules and see if the problem persists.

EDIT: You also need to get rid of "YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm" unless you like playing a broken game. Please read the FAQ and installation instructions.

Deroxis

Post by Deroxis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:42 am

Managed to fix the problem. The Project NV Equipment plugin doesnt have Fallout 3's supermutants weapons. It really was as simple as going to the formlist, finding the .32 rifle, assault rifle and baseball bat in fallout 3 and pasting them over into Project Nevada Equipment.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 am

There's a lot more wrong with it than that but whatever. The "fixes" you read about online for that issue were related to the 2.9.4 version patch for TTW, no one has bothered to make a patch for TTW 3.2.2 that covers anything but the Core module. If changing one record was all that it took the patch would've been posted.

From the incompatible mods list: "Project Nevada. Anything but the core module is incompatible with 3.2+, that means Equipment, Rebalance and Cyberware are not compatible, Rebalance and Cyberware can be patched but Rebalance needs AI changing removed, Equipment can not be patched and is largely redundant with Fallout 3."

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Yeah equipment would need a lot of stuff, including assets, removed.

zombiesoncrack

Post by zombiesoncrack » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm

For anyone still looking for a lazy solution, I published a patch that fixes the issue with super mutants not equipping weapons. cheers. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67383/

mementoauderesemper

Post by mementoauderesemper » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm

It this related only to the equipment module? I have only the core but i have super mutan rushing at me bare handed but they have weapons on them