Fix for missing meshes (red exclamation points)

General help and troubleshooting.
notmeman

Fix for missing meshes (red exclamation points)

Post by notmeman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 pm

TL;DR: Add this to your fallout.ini file under [Archive]

SArchiveList=Fallout - Invalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Meshes2.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

I had tried installing TTW with Vortex, gave up, followed GP's exact instructions with MO2, still same problem. Red triangles with exclamation points inside. For whatever reason, falloutcustom.ini was not created with the install. I also figured out that MO2 was not loading fallout - meshes2.bsa. I tried adding this line to the falloutcustom.ini (guessing what I was missing by pausing GP's video on the ini section and squinting really hard) but it didn't fix anything until I put it in the fallout.ini file.

RoyBatty

Re: Fix for missing meshes (red exclamation points)

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Something wrong with your setup or you didn't run the installer as admin, if FalloutCustom.ini is missing, you have other issues too. You need that.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:50 am

Not running the installer as admin and aggressive security/firewall/antivirus is the first thing that comes to my mind.
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:27 pm

It's also possible he set MO2 for profile specific saves before doing the install, which would leave the saves and ini files from the original FONV in the profile rather than the altered ones from the TTW install. I'd double-check the ini files in the profile against what is in the My Games folder to make sure they match. If they don't, copy the altered ones from My Games to the MO2 profile folder.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:04 pm

A) TTW doesn't alter the vanilla ini files
B) The instructions/FAQ already mention you are supposed to copy FalloutCustom.ini into the MO2 ini editor for the same ini