TTW Capital Wasteland Map

General help and troubleshooting.
athenanValkyrie

TTW Capital Wasteland Map

Post by athenanValkyrie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:07 am

Trying to use a custom map for a new play through with TTW 3.2.1, but for some reason the Capital's map doesn't change, but the Mojave's map will still change to the new one there. I have tried one other new map, but it didn't work either. It is just a texture file, with the correct file name.

I did some searching and Roy responded to someone, almost 2 years ago, saying it may need some fiddling, but left it there. The only other thread I could find that related did mention an edit to the map_menu.xml. But, the edit was listed in an image that was 404 and it was for an earlier release, so not sure how valid it would still be. Any insight would be helpful.

nexusmodsforme

Re: TTW Capital Wasteland Map

Post by nexusmodsforme » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 pm

It doesn't surprise me that the FNV map works as we are using the FNV game setup to run TTW. I imagine there was some creative process involved to get the FO3 map to work. Update us if you find a solution to this as I'd be interested in trying some of them on my next playthough.
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand

tsuktsva

Post by tsuktsva » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:59 pm

I know it's been a year but I was looking for a way to do it and I found nothing, and finally, I found it myself. In case anyone wants to know: the map textures go into "data/textures/interface/worldmap/". There you find 6 map files:

1."wasteland_1024_map"
2."wasteland_1024_no_map"
3."wasteland_2048_map"
4."wasteland_2048_no_map"
5."wasteland_nv_1024_no_map"
6."wasteland_nv_2048_no_map"

It seems DC map corresponds to "wasteland_2048_map", while the map texture I was trying is named "wasteland_1024_map", so I changed the map texture name I was trying to install to "wasteland_2048_map" et voilà, it works! It clearly has less-resolution than the original installed by TTW but it's the one I wanted.

nexusmodsforme

Post by nexusmodsforme » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Awesome, are you able to take video and upload it to youtube and share it here?
"If any civilization is to survive, it is the morality of altruism that men have to reject." ~ Ayn Rand