ENB & TTW 3.2

General help and troubleshooting.
1ercru

ENB & TTW 3.2

Post by 1ercru » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Reinstalled and went to 3.2. For whatever reason Rudy ENB won’t work. Crashes after a few seconds of splash screen. I’m on windows 10. With 2.9 ENB worked fine

I have NVAC
Downloaded dx9 redist
Have The NV exe and d3d9dll in the exes folder
MO2 is set to start from there

Games runs flawlessly without ENB. Like no stutter at all without NVSR.

IvoryOwl

Re: ENB & TTW 3.2

Post by IvoryOwl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:17 pm

At first I thought your game was running out of memory but then I remembered 3.2 comes with the 4GB patch included so now I'm at a loss... What other mods do you have installed? And did you download the correct enbseries version? The 0.332 one? Don't forget to turn off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering from the game's launcher and to disable steam overlay if you use Steam. Some ENBs require you to tweak the enblocal.ini to match your hardware; i.e, if they're set to use 4GB but your PC only has 2GB or VRam, it could pose some issues.

I tried to use Rudy ENB myself and it sort of works... but I have the infamous water transparency bug that just doesn't want to go away. Basically, every body of water in the area becomes a floating ghost in the map, overlapping everything else. I already disabled both AA and AF, depth fog and water displacement in the game's launcher, enabled and disabled a few settings in the enb's .ini, disabled steam overlay, and checked my AMD's profile settings. Nada. Same thing happened with New California, same ENB.

1ercru

Post by 1ercru » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Yeah. I’ve had that issue. And yes all the AA and AF are turned off.

Actually no ENB’s make it past the splash screen for me. Yesterday everything worked fine. Been using ENB’s for 10 years , this one is a head scratcher.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 pm

The bug is in ENB, you'll have to get Boris to fix it.

Our official stance is we don't care if ENB works or not.

New Vegas Reloaded works and is continually being updated, check the Oblivion Reloaded forum to find it.

Also when installing and using ENBs, you must install them as if the game is vanilla, not like the old 4GB Loader which is deprecated, there is no "exes" folder and that method is not correct.

1ercru

Post by 1ercru » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:43 am

Alright , will try that. ENB should work though right ?

I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has it working...

TTW is running smooth btw. Even with increased spawns there doesn’t appear to be any hitching or stuttering ( without NVSR installed )

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 am

I tried it many times and it is working for me (trying ENBoost), some people get black screen or other issues. I think it is a bug in ENB or user error.

1ercru

Post by 1ercru » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:55 am

No worries. Injector is working for me.

IvoryOwl

Post by IvoryOwl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am

I managed to get mine to work without the water bug! I'll post this here in case it helps anyone in the future.
Assuming you already did the preliminaries to get an ENB to work (disabling AA, AF, etc) if you're using a mod manager like MO2 take note that it uses it's own inis, including FalloutPref. You're going to have to tweak both the game's file in the Documents folder and the one from MO2. If you don't know where that is just open mod organizer and click on the jigsaw icon on the top part, then ini editor.

--- Don't forget to tweak your enblocal.ini to match your hardware! ---
--- AMD GPUs: It is recommended to set DisableDriverMemoryManager to 'true'. ---

1ercru

Post by 1ercru » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I injector stopped working. I changed nothing. Strange stuff.

x7thcrusader

Post by x7thcrusader » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 pm

IvoryOwl wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 am
I managed to get mine to work without the water bug! I'll post this here in case it helps anyone in the future.
Assuming you already did the preliminaries to get an ENB to work (disabling AA, AF, etc) if you're using a mod manager like MO2 take note that it uses it's own inis, including FalloutPref. You're going to have to tweak both the game's file in the Documents folder and the one from MO2. If you don't know where that is just open mod organizer and click on the jigsaw icon on the top part, then ini editor.

--- Don't forget to tweak your enblocal.ini to match your hardware! ---
--- AMD GPUs: It is recommended to set DisableDriverMemoryManager to 'true'. ---
Hi, may I know what ENB did you manage to get working? And I assume you managed to get your ENB to work by making sure the game and MO2's ini files both have AA, AF, Water Displacement etc turned off?