Pip-boy freezes when I open it at certain times.

General help and troubleshooting.
CrusaderTheFirst

Pip-boy freezes when I open it at certain times.

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Sun May 07, 2017 11:02 pm

I have a huge problem and I've tried everything I possibly can. At certain points in the game and under certain circumstances/conditions, when I try to open my pip-boy, the game freezes and I have to minimize and close the game with task manager or close it from the taskbar. Usually it's random but one place I can always get it 100% is when I start operation anchorage simulator and once I get to the sniper rifle, I pick it up, and the very instant I try bringing up my pip-boy (in other words, same time I press tab) the game freezes forever. It only happens if I make the walk to get the sniper rifle because if I load a save game at that same spot and bring up the pip-boy, it doesn't crash so that's something worth noting. (it crashes at the spot anyway if it's the same play session.) Now when I said I tried everything, I (kinda) meant it. I tried re-organizing my mods as best as I can, followed the ttw performance guide instructions (minus the NVIDIA stuff, I use AMD) made the game use 4gb, disabled mods to see if any of the mods I had were causing the problem, nothing worked. I've been stuck with this problem for a long time and I can never figure out what's causing it. I really need help with this.

Load Order's in the attachments and yes, I'm a heavy modder.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoyBatty

There's a reason why we say

Post by RoyBatty » Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 am

There's a reason why we say Readius is incompatible with TTW and not to use it.

CrusaderTheFirst

Tried it again without the

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Mon May 08, 2017 5:04 am

Tried it again without the readius, still having the same problem. Even with the default pip-boy and familiar friend installed I still get the same problem. I will say this though, things are a bit less freezy with a familiar friend instead of readius. Not too sure on that though.

RoyBatty

Familiar Friend is readius

Post by RoyBatty » Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Familiar Friend is readius too with a different model.

I suspect you have some corrupted animations or running out of heap memory or misconfigured ini files for the game or stutter remover if it doesn't work with the default pip-boy. BTW you can't uninstall readius, it's baked into your save permanently.

jlf65

You're not supposed to use

Post by jlf65 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 pm

You're not supposed to use Pip Boy replacers - period. The only ones that won't make TTW go nuts are ones that change the existing mesh/texture while keeping it on the arm, like the FO4 Pip Boy mod, or the one that makes it holographic. I've used both of those without a problem.

Holo Pip Boy: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43219/?

No idea where I got the Mark IV Pip Boy mod...

CrusaderTheFirst

I'm gonna take a look at heap

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm gonna take a look at heap memory and misconfigured ini files. Hopefully I should be able to find something. My guts tell me I'm close. Oh, and I have tested this before and I do remember something kinda funny. The freezing problem was even worse with the default pip-boy mostly because it froze more often. No joke, no lies. Kinda ironic.

RoyBatty

Sounds like an animation mod.

Post by RoyBatty » Tue May 09, 2017 2:08 am

Sounds like an animation mod.

CrusaderTheFirst

Ok, I removed any animation

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 am

Ok, I removed any animation mods I had and the same thing happened, freeze. However... I did find one thing I really should note. While I was experimenting, I eventually found out that attaching a modification to my weapon causes the freezing when I open my pip boy up later. This happens regardless of what menu I have to attach the weapon mod. This also happened with the 10mm pistol which all of its mods are from vanilla, I assume this can apply to other weapons too. This might be something else all together or this might not be what's causing every single freeze but it was very noticeable.

Side note: I tried disabling my weapon mod menu mod and I found out that the vanilla weapon mod menu wouldn't open. Weird.

Would you like me to give you what my ini's say? It won't be the actual ini's, just text documents with the ini information copied on.

RoyBatty

WMM is supposed to fix that

Post by RoyBatty » Tue May 09, 2017 5:41 pm

WMM is supposed to fix that bug, I've never experienced it myself.

My suggestion is clean install your game after backing up plugins.txt , your ini files and renaming your game folder if you aren't using MO.

See if this issue occurs on vanilla, if not then you know a mod is causing it and you have to track it down.

CrusaderTheFirst

Alright, I'll do a clean

Post by CrusaderTheFirst » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Alright, I'll do a clean install and backup the plugins.txt. Hopefully this should fix things.