ENB and weapon scopes

General help and troubleshooting.
Mystical Panda

[quote=RoyBatty]

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:21 am

[quote=RoyBatty]

scrap heap is ignored, 400 is probably more stable than 450.

NVAC is fine, NVSR is a bit unstable under windows 10

[/quote]

Thanks. Didn't know about scrap heap being unused.

------------------------------------------------------------------
The one's you'd be looking at are:
------------------------------------------------------------------

[test #1 (reducesystemmemoryusage = false)...]
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/sites/default/files/Mystical%20Panda/test1.jpg

[test #2 (reducesystemmemoryusage = true)]
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/sites/default/files/Mystical%20Panda/test2.jpg

See how when I set "ReduceSystemMemoryUsage = false", the virual memory(Total Memory Usage in the graph) was peaking out?, then when it was 'enabled' was staying under the 'yellow' line? If the game engine starts reaching saturation, it'll have to page things in and out as you look around or load new cell data; that might cause a brief lag.

Hope some of that helps.

BelGarion

Alright, I set my inis to

Post by BelGarion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:47 am

Alright, I set my inis to those settings and had to change a few. First, I had to turn off unsafememoryhacks as the game kept locking up. I disabled autodetectvideomemorysize since it kept getting it wrong, it kept saying I have 12.1gb of video memory when my 970 is a 4gb model, so I also set videomemorysize to 4095 to. Otherwise so far it seems better but time will tell. Just need to get back to the Citadel to see if the scopes will continue to break, as that one spot in the Laboratory is guaranteed to break things if things are still broken.

Mystical Panda

Fingers cross here too!

Post by Mystical Panda » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Fingers crossed here too!

Different applications from different authors can often times be extremely picky, or just not play nice at all. Sometimes it's a total hassle just trying to figure out what they did, and how to make it work(if at all), then for them to just have a 'meeting of the minds' and work it out together.

The memory detection show's way above the graphics card memory on mine too; he calculates it based on video card memory + available system memory, since he's using that(available system memory-ram) when off loading graphics from the game's virtual memory space to instances of enboost.exe processes (each able to house 2gb of shadowed graphics, mesh and other types of data).

The 'EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks' attempts to access the card directly, outside of any external driver (or something like that), and can cause problems. If it works, it can increase framerates a bit.

The 'DisableDriverMemoryManager' was supposed to be used for older graphics drivers that wouldn't work as good, or had other problems when used with enb. The newer, up to date graphics drivers should work ok and better than the ones enb incorporates in the code.

The 'ExpandSystemMemoryX64' flips around how windows handles memory, iirc, and can cause problems, so I always disable that; at least from my tests.

If you get NVAC back in the mix, watch for any 'hits' in the log. It's a good indication of something being wrong mod, asset or even load order wise. A lot of people use NVAC to keep going 'hit' after 'hit', but I often times find it better used as a 'early warning of problems' detector, then try and go back in and figure out what's causing the problem, rather than a 'WE ARE SPARTA!" "HOLD THE LINE!" lol! kinda thing.

BelGarion

Well, **** biscuit, all of a

Post by BelGarion » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:05 am

Well, **** biscuit, all of a sudden I am getting an occasional Runtime Error but, since the main game window is covering it, I can't read it. Tried all the key shortcuts to make the little pop up move to the other monitor with no success. When I force the game to close (as it's frozen) it closes the error window too. >.<

Mystical Panda

[quote=BelGarion]

Well, ***

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:20 am

[quote=BelGarion]

Well, **** biscuit, all of a sudden I am getting an occasional Runtime Error but, since the main game window is covering it, I can't read it. Tried all the key shortcuts to make the little pop up move to the other monitor with no success. When I force the game to close (as it's frozen) it closes the error window too. >.<

[/quote]

It might be an 'out of memory' notification. Try pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and bring up the task manager. That should switch you out of the game, then hold down ALT and press TAB to cycle through the open windows until you see the one your looking for. If you get task manager up, you can kill the game, but if the prompt came from there it'll close then game exits.

BelGarion

Yeah, I alt-tab to the error

Post by BelGarion » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:28 am

Yeah, I alt-tab to the error pop up but it's not coming to the fore front so I can read it and when I close the game window in the task manager it closes the error pop up to. And out of memory? I got 16gb of memory. O.o And, presently, with out the game running, it's only using 33% according to the task manager. It's why I use the FNV4Gb exe so it'll be aware of all that memory.

jlf65

A 32-bit app cannot take

Post by jlf65 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 pm

A 32-bit app cannot take advantage of all the ram, so you can still run out of ram. The 4G fix can maximize the amount it can use, but it still can't go beyond about 3.8GB. Using ENB to move textures to another task's 4G space helps if your card doesn't have much vram, but otherwise you're stuck even if you had a terabyte of ram.

Mystical Panda

[quote=jlf65]

A 32-bit app

Post by Mystical Panda » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:31 pm

[quote=jlf65]

A 32-bit app cannot take advantage of all the ram, so you can still run out of ram. The 4G fix can maximize the amount it can use, but it still can't go beyond about 3.8GB. Using ENB to move textures to another task's 4G space helps if your card doesn't have much vram, but otherwise you're stuck even if you had a terabyte of ram.

[/quote]

This ^. When an application runs out of memory, it's not referring to actual system memory (physical ram) since the OS can usually 'page' memory to and from an external device (such as an hdd, or ssd) to cover that, it's referring to the virtual memory space allocated to it by the OS. 32bit programs can have about 3.5gb (4gb is the max) of usable virtual space (the number is limited to a 32bit value), while 64bit programs can use in the terabytes (for each program!). Not only does user data and the program's data share that same 3.5gb but also everything the OS needs to run and manage that application (including shadowed DirectX 9 textures- which is why we generally run out of memory when using lots of texture mods without using something like 'enboost').

If 'enboost' is configured and, for some reason, not offloading textures from the game's virtual space, when it starts to max out, you'll get 'out of memory' errors. It can also be caused by a malformed texture- when the system looks at it, it thinks it needs a ton of memory to load it (the header info is corrupt, as an example)- or things similar to that.

An 'NVAC' log might show the "OUT_OF_MEMORY" when trying to decompress texture references. It'll look like this:

16143451 ! _OUT_OF_ _MEMORY_ FalloutNV.exe

in the "nvac.log".

Mystical Panda

Another thing that can cause

Post by Mystical Panda » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 am

Another thing that can cause an "out of memory", which is counter intuitive, is when a texture (or image such as a bitmap) is loaded, then disposed of, then trying to copy or clone it when it's size is now 0,0; freeing up a resource and trying to reuse it after it's freed.

Speaking of how memory is paged in and out... you'd think you'd have the entire memory of your machine for 32bit programs instead of locking them into a 4gb virtual memory space. We can constantly page in and out way past 4gb, but the problem happens when trying to address it programmatically. The OS treats it, address wise, like everything is loaded in at once; especially if it's being 'executed' from anywhere other than the cpu's cache or system ram (ie hdd), all addresses have to be unique.

If that makes any sense.

BelGarion

Ok, so the latest version of

Post by BelGarion » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 am

Ok, so the latest version of NVAC is installed, wish me luck on that. Also never peer at the FalloutNVError.log file, that way lies madness. It's vague enough to drive you crazy, like it reports an armor needs it's bipedal slots set but doesn't list which armor, as an example. >.<