ENB and weapon scopes

General help and troubleshooting.
FiftyTifty

[quote=Mystical Panda]

Post by FiftyTifty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 pm

[quote=Mystical Panda]
So, no SweetFx and it works ok. That's good to hear.[/quote]

He still has the issue when the ENB isn't using SweetFX.

OP, did you do that shader package "tweak", where you take the 3.0 shaders and replace the 2.0 shaders? If so, undo the tweak as it fucks up ENB.

BelGarion

No? Didn't know the tweak

Post by BelGarion » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 am

No? Didn't know the tweak existed and I don't know if the ENB author of Enhanced Shaders did that neither.

FiftyTifty

[quote=BelGarion]

No? Didn

Post by FiftyTifty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:04 pm

[quote=BelGarion]

No? Didn't know the tweak existed and I don't know if the ENB author of Enhanced Shaders did that neither.

[/quote]

It's got nothing to do with an ENB. A common tweak for performance is to swap the shader package files in the Data folder, but it fucks up the game.

Mystical Panda

[quote=MajinCry]

Post by Mystical Panda » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:43 pm

[quote=MajinCry]

BelGarion wrote:

It's got nothing to do with an ENB. A common tweak for performance is to swap the shader package files in the Data folder, but it fucks up the game.

[/quote]

I'm not positive, but he might be referring to switching the 'shader' packages by copying one of the vanilla game's shader files (found in "\data\shaders\" over another.

When looking at "renderinfo.txt" (in your "My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV" folder) you can see which shader package the game wants to use. By finding a higher one, that's provided with the vanilla game, you can copy that one over the one the game is looking to use thereby forcing or tricking the game into using a different shader package. I've tried this before and I have noticed some anomolies during game play, especially when rendering transparency and water based reflections; my game was heavily modded and never took the time to pin-point the cause.

There's also another shader package option which is supposed to force the game to load and use a test shader package, but that's configured by and provided with (or through another download link) NVSR.

However, I've heard that an update to Windows 10 broke some of NVSR's functionality to the point of making the game completely unstable- so that might not be a viable option. Though I've seen references to disabling certain features so as not to hit the incompatible code. I haven't tested it to see if the test shaders can still be used while disabling some of NVSR settings.

Mystical Panda

Maybe this post was the

Post by Mystical Panda » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Maybe this post was the reference at step 6):

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-performance-guide

BelGarion

Well, my renderinfo.txt is

Post by BelGarion » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Well, my renderinfo.txt is

[spoiler]
Renderer Device Information:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
nvldumd.dll
RenderPath : BSSM_SV_2_A
PSversion : 300
VSversion : 300
VStarget : vs_2_0
PStarget : ps_2_a
PS2xtarget : ps_2_a
maxPS20inst : 512
3.0 Support : yes
3.0 Lighting : yes
Nonpowerof2textures : yes
FP16ARGB blending : yes
FP16ARGB filtering : yes
High dynamic range : yes
Bloom lighting : no
Refraction : yes
2.0 hairw : yes
SLI mode : no
Water shader : yes
Water reflections : yes
Water displacement : no
Water high res : no
Multisample Type : 1
Transparency MS : no
Shader Package : 13
HW Thread Count : 16
[/spoiler]

And, yes, I am on Windows 10.

Edit : And it seems the Spoiler tags don't work, so apologies for the spammage. Anyway. Taking a peek, all the shader packages are there, none missing, and no _backup ones, so I'll have to assume, at the risk of making an ass of you and me, that I didn't do the performance renaming of 13 to 13_backup and 19 to 13.

Mystical Panda

Someones only appears to be

Post by Mystical Panda » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Someone only appears to be an ass when viewing them with 'hind' sight - :D

I was just pointing you to the post Majin was probably referring to about 'switching' shaders; thought it might answer the questions you were having.

You'll know if you changed them since it's done manually, and not automatically with the installer.

I'm actually using the 'test' shader that came with NVSR for now (just while testing), but did try manually switching the shaders in the TTW performance guide awhile back; in some instances there was game data corruption and weird reflective textures, but I didn't take time to pin point the cause, so Majin is probably correct with the fubarring of your game.

FiftyTifty

Aye, that was the tweak I was

Post by FiftyTifty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 pm

Aye, that was the tweak I was talking about. It may boost performance, but it breaks ENB as it doesn't hook those shaders, so I assumed that might be the cause.

At this point I've no idea what could be causing the issue.

BelGarion

Ugg. So, maybe disable all

Post by BelGarion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am

Ugg. So, maybe disable all lighting mods, like Realistic Wasteland Lighting, and start a new game to test to see if it's one of the lighting mods? As I use RWL for TTW, a pipboy nightvision mod and a pipboy brighter light mod . And I know disabling something like RWL during a playthrough is asking for trouble. >.< So if I did it would have to be a new game with out those mods already running. Hmm...

RoyBatty

It's not someone's fault that

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 pm

It's not someone's fault that Boris doesn't hook the shaders, it's ENBs problem. People can and will continue to use the shader package that comes with NVAC which contains all the shader code, and eventually other people will rewrite the shaders to be much better which some people have already started to do, the cube map shader is one such example.

ENB breaks the game, not the other way around.