Problems with FO3 Mods

General help and troubleshooting.
Befo

Problems with FO3 Mods

Post by Befo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 am

I have tried a few FO3 mods in my current TTW setup but I seem to be running into some issues with a few. None are really ingame problems, since I have trouble getting that far with a FO3 mod. The only FO3 mod I have managed to get to work so far is Amy Wong (she is a tad screwy as well, not functioning entirely as I remember her behavior, and doesn't give give caps upon return from selling stuff...this post isn't about that tho.) 

Typically, I can't manage to get TTW to boot with a FO3 mod enabled, even one remastered with FNV. I have tried this so far with the following mods, none of which will boot a launch screen when active: Merc 2, Vault Revisited, Sydney Companion, AWOP-FO3, and Seducing Women. I also tried each with FNV added as a master using FNVEdit with no luck. 

I have played with load order, I'll post it below, but it doesn't seem to matter. I am trying to run a minimal load order while testing a few of the mods for each game I use most often. 

(No luck copying and pasting load order after my second glass of wine, calling it a night)

/befo

JaxFirehart

Make sure you are CHANGING

Post by JaxFirehart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

Make sure you are CHANGING masters FROM Fallout3.esm TO FalloutNV.esm

If the mods rely on FOSE, you will have to go in and fix those scripts manually.

And, unfortunately, sometimes mods just dont work with TTW.

Befo

Actually, I was adding

Post by Befo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Actually, I was adding FalloutNV.esm as a master and moving it above Fallout3.esm so it (FNV) is listed as the first master. I still have Fallout3.esm listed as a master. Do I need to remove it entirely?

From reading other threads here (and from your response above) I gather that if a mod has a script, I need to go into the NV Geck, open up each script and save it (to recompile it in FNV) then close out the Geck. Is this for any FO3 mod with a script or just those requiring FOSE?

Has anyone posted a thread with step-by-step directions on what we need to do with FO3 mods? I'll admit I may have missed it last night (forums+wine buzz=no joy). I hate to ask for too much support regarding third party mods when TTW is still in Alpha, but as I am sure is the case with many players/modders, I can only play vanilla for so long before the mod bug bites me and I have to put something in there, hehe. 

My kid's school was canceled due to bad weather today (and therefore my whole day is shot) so I have some time today to piddle around with this. I definitely want to get Merc 2 working, and AWOP-FO3. Might try for MZC as well. 

/befo

gnubee

AWOP-FO3 does work.  You just

Post by gnubee » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:57 pm

AWOP-FO3 does work.  You just need to remove Fallout3 as a master entirely.  More specifically, change the master listing from Fallout3 to FalloutNV.  You can do this either in FOMM, using TESsnip or in FNVEdit (which is much easier).  The only issues I have run into with the mod involve the loot lists which still contain .32ammo and Shotgun Shells (as opposed to 20ga./12ga. shells).

Befo

OK, I'll attempt removing the

Post by Befo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:02 pm

OK, I'll attempt removing the Fallout3.esm as a master on all of the files I tried, and check back in in a bit.

On a side note, FNVEdit takes forever to load up with just the basic TTW stuff installed. Any way to speed things up?

/befo

gnubee

Not that I know of.  It just

Post by gnubee » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Not that I know of.  It just takes a long time.  I have a system with tons of resources available and it still takes a long time.

JaxFirehart

The next version will speed

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 am

The next version will speed that up considerably, but at the moment TTW just takes forever to load. Some mods need recompiled scripts, some don't. Anything that requires FOSE DEFINITELY needs scripts. Converting mods can be a real pain, especially as they get more and more complex. I dont use a whole lot of mods and the ones I have were easy to convert. So honestly I'm not the best one to be helping.

Befo

Right now most I have loaded

Post by Befo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Right now most I have loaded seem to be doing OK, with a few issues.

I removed Seducing Women, since that has been buggy for ages by itself and I had crashes entering Craterside Supply with it enabled. Oh well, Tulip will just have to find herself another hubby. 

MERC 2 seems OK so far. It kicked in right after the GNR quest as it should and now I have the mission to go recruit the team. I'll probably go check on Sydney today while I am out as well. 

AWOP-FO3 seems to be doing OK, but I have only found one AWOP location so far (Springvale Sewers) and I did not notice a quest line or crier NPC to give me directions/quests for AWOP like there is in FNV. This is my first play through with that mod so that may be normal (I'll have to check the Nexus site.)

Amy Wong, who is heavily scripted, acts a little weird, so I may have to fiddle with her to fix it (if I even can, lol). She doesn't handle her trade route correctly, and resets every time I near her original spawn point (Vault 101 entrance). I'll see if recompiling her scripts with the NV Geck helps. 

/befo

Befo

Yeah, after looking into Amy

Post by Befo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Yeah, after looking into Amy Wong in the Geck, it is going to take someone with much more experience than me to mess with those scripts. Even opening the scripts and saving them looks scary and dangerous since I have no clue what I am doing. For now I'll just have to deal with using her with partial functionality. If anyone wants to volunteer to give her a once over, I would greatly appreciate it. She is by far the most versatile mod companion I have ever seen, and I'm sure others have used her as well. 

/befo