4GBNVSE where?

General help and troubleshooting.
joeyjoejoe

4GBNVSE where?

Post by joeyjoejoe » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

On the Faq section it recommends using the 4GB loader to improve stability but the NVSE loader is needed for many of the best mods. On the Silverlock website at the bottom of the page it has:

"* Is NVSE compatible with the "FNV4GB" loader that enables the large-address-aware (aka 4GB) flag?

- Yes. Use this alternate loader."

However clicking that link takes you back to the 4GB loader's page on the nexus and only the standard 4gb loader is in the files section while there are no other links on the page.

Can someone provide a link to the combined loader you recommend I use?

Since I don't want to clog the board with a second thread I'm trying to make a merged patch in new vegas edit but after changing the masters of the F3 mods I intend to use in Wrye Flash the merged patch button isn't appearing at all. I'd use a bashed patch but every time I rebuild it with all the files then try to start the game with it active I CTD. I know it's the patch because I can get the main menu open without it active. Is there a way to get the create merge patch button back in New Vegas Edit or is there a certain procedure for building a bashed patch in TTW to avoid crashing?

Sepherose

"Skyrim4GB will attempt to

Post by Sepherose » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 pm

"Skyrim4GB will attempt to load the SKSE loader (skse_steam_loader.dll)."

That is in the update history on the page for it so I am guessing it has changed.

thermador

The NVSE instructions aren't

Post by thermador » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:43 pm

The NVSE instructions aren't very clear, sorry.  What it means is:

Install NVSE normally. 

Install the 4GB patch. 

Launch the game from the FNV4GB.exe file instead of using the nvse_loader.exe file. 

NVSE will still work even though you are using the other file to launch the game.

I will add this to the FAQ.

Aconagent1

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Post by Aconagent1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:40 pm

-Conso

Aconagent1

I had that error when I did

Post by Aconagent1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I had that error when I did it too... I can't quite remember how I fixed it... I think I might have purposely deleted some stuff along with my FalloutNV.exe then validated it to make steam fix it for me. Make sure you have the utilities in the fallout new vegas folder, not the data folder.

-Conso

rickerhk

Also, the new version doesn't

Post by rickerhk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:41 am

Also, the new version doesn't use FalloutNV.4gb anymore, but places a file named FalloutNV.exe in a subfolder. That way certain other programs can detect when FalloutNV.exe is running.

And NVSE is not required but FNV4gb.exe will load it for you if it is there.