Changing a mod's master help

General help and troubleshooting.
cjb135691

Changing a mod's master help

Post by cjb135691 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 pm

I've been having some trouble getting masters to change on mods using FNVEdit. I've tried both removing the FO3 master and replacing it with the FNV one or adding the FNV one to the mod as well and it only works sometimes. There are occations when the new master doesn't register on the mod after making the changes and saving it. Two such mods i'm having trouble with are the Gypsy outfits. That one i can't get to load period without the game freezing on the start screen. Then the 20th century weapons mod. i can get the game to load using that one, but none of the guns are appearing. Has anyone managed to get that mod working and know what i need to do. How about the Apocalyps armory mod. I've tried validating them in Geck but it won't let me save the mod afterwards, because it keeps saying its a master or in use and can't be saved to.

hellstorm102

what about a mod that doesnt

Post by hellstorm102 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am

what about a mod that doesnt require FOSE?

is it as simple as changing the master of say  Marts mutant mod (fallout3.esm) to falloutNV.esm?

or is there somthing im missing?

ive installed alot of mods in my time, but never changed any master lists or tags....

and would Love to augment my TTW experiance with marts creations.

edit: found the FAQ section... shoulld of just went there first lol

Pear_13ear

If you're trying to get MMM

Post by Pear_13ear » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:36 am

If you're trying to get MMM working, I got it to work by loading FalloutNV.esm, Fallout3.esm, and all the MMM plugin's in FNVEDIT ( I believe I have the latest version ). After it loads, I clicked on the  + next to each MMM.esp, clicked on File Header, and then double clicked on Fallout3.esm: ( section looks like this v )

Master File

L MAST - Filename          :  Fallout3.esm

Upon double clicking it, FNVEDIT brought up a screen saying HEY, ARE YOU SURE? Click Yes, and then click Fallout3.esm again. You should be able to rename it now. Simply change Fallout3.esm to FalloutNV.esm for all MMM .esps, and then exit / save. You'll know it works when the loadscreen doesnt 'freeze' or not show when loading TTW.

This may not be the most correct way to do it, but I'm able to use it with a multitud of mods ( Niv's Spice Of Life works with it about 85% of the time [ sometimes no clothed raiders ] ) at a stable 60 fps. No crashes so far.

I don't know if the FAQ is worded strangely or incorrect, as adding master, as it suggests, has not worked for any of my F3 mods.

hellstorm102

yes, working perfectly now :)

Post by hellstorm102 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:45 pm

yes, working perfectly now :)