Convert and edit FO3 ESP to TTW Alpha version

General help and troubleshooting.
Quetzlsacatanango

thermador-

Post by Quetzlsacatanango » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:26 pm

thermador-

My experience is the opposite of your post, same as StarletHologram. Trying to load a fo3 mod that uses fallout3.esm as its master hangs on loading screen (I did think this was supposed to work though).

Change master to falloutnv.esm, they all work fine.

Then edit all plugins with NV Geck and FNVedit.

StarletHologram

tjmidnight420

Post by StarletHologram » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 pm

tjmidnight420

I'll have to try that option, thanks for the tip ;).

Quetzlsacatanango In your experience, once you have changed the master to FalloutNV.esm, have you been also able to edit them in the FNV GECK?. In my case the only change of masters make them work in game, but once I open them in GECk it freezes until it crash. To edit them with GECK FNV I have to resort to Demo version, mainly because the more complete FalloutNV.esm. Now that I think about it, I'm going to make another experiment...What if at the moment of the editing I change the FalloutNV.esm of the Alpha version for the one of the Demoversion?, Once the mod is edited I can switch to the respective ESM. That could save some GB on Hard drive. XD. I'll do it and tell you later what happened XD.   

StarletHologram

It worked!, it worked!. How

Post by StarletHologram » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 pm

It worked!, it worked!. How better can it get?

Now I can use FO3 mods, edit them in FNV GECK, customize them with FNV Vanilla and Modded content, merge them to keep load order short, and the best part: to play with them! XD.

Quetzlsacatanango

They always open and edit

Post by Quetzlsacatanango » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:20 pm

They always open and edit fine in nv geck. If it freezes and crashes, you might have an unmodified fallout3.esm.

StarletHologram

Quetzlsacatanango

Post by StarletHologram » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:27 am

Quetzlsacatanango

Mmm...weird. I remember to have updated Fallout 3 GOTY to version 1.7 before I installed the DEMO Version. Now that you mention it, I think I'm going to run a second installation to be sure. Thanks!! ;)

StarletHologram

Quetzlsacatanango

Post by StarletHologram » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

Quetzlsacatanango

Mmm...weird. I remember to have updated Fallout 3 GOTY to version 1.7 before I installed the DEMO Version. Now that you mention it, I think I'm going to run a second installation to be sure. Thanks!! ;)