Some guns not aiming properly with "True Fallout 3 Aiming" and Ironsights disabled?

General help and troubleshooting.
Postal-Dude

Some guns not aiming properly with "True Fallout 3 Aiming" and Ironsights disabled?

Post by Postal-Dude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:39 pm

I recently found that True Fallout 3 Aiming mod which brings back the aiming from Fallout 3. I also extracted the FO3 animations for it.

While it does work almost perfect, it doesnt seem to work properly on some guns, especially guns added by TTW such as the Chinese Assault Rifle, Plasma Pistol and others. When I try to zoom with them, the screen zooms in but there isn't a proper animation such as in FO3. Its kinda hard to explain but people who played FO3 probably know what I mean. Its not the same kind of zoom and seems more like a placeholder zoom if no proper animation or zoom strength is assorted with the gun. I am not sure if any FNV weapons suffer from this or only the TTW ones.

I am wondering, why is that? I mean those guns even come from Fallout 3. Dont they come with those animations anymore or where they stripped when they were ported for TTW?
I already checked if any mod conflicts but nope, I am actually not even using any weapon mods.

Anybody experience with this? Wouldnt mind to fix this myself if I knew whats wrong and what needs to be done. But maybe there is a patch anyway, not like I found one.

Please no comments like "Why would anyone want to use the old Fallout 3 aiming?"... Lets just say I always prefered it. The aiming always feels too stiff for me in this game anyway. Even the RH FO3 mod had better Ironsights.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Some guns not aiming properly with "True Fallout 3 Aiming" and Ironsights disabled?

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:51 am

Well FO3 animations aren't compatible with TTW because NV added double the amount of animations and the weapons are all altered to use the correct ones.

You can make it like FO3 simply by turning off True Iron Sights in the game menu, and also setting the flag "don't use 1st person iron sight animations" in all the weapons. There is no need to change the animations at all.

Postal-Dude

Re: Some guns not aiming properly with "True Fallout 3 Aiming" and Ironsights disabled?

Post by Postal-Dude » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:59 pm

The mod replaces the ironsights animations with the non ironsights ones. The flag would work too but that is just too much bother for most people. Technically it does the same.

Anyway, the mod also restores the original Fallout 3 aiming and its animations, if copied over from FO3. There is a small difference. What I just noticed is that some weapons dont seem to have or use these. TTW exclusive weapons just zoom in, while other zoom in a different strength and sometimes even have FO3 animations like all small guns that use a hand backfire grab to stabilize shooting.

Its difficult to explain. Maybe you dont get it. Nvm, it isnt that much of a problem.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 pm

No, you don't get it. There are missing animations, NV has twice as many. You can't use the animations, there's only some of the required controllers, the rest simply do not exist in the fallout 3 animation set.

Setting the flags on the weapons is basic modding and can be done in xEdit.