Underwater Home compatibility

General help and troubleshooting.
OnlyOnSundays

Underwater Home compatibility

Post by OnlyOnSundays » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 am

Yo, what's up lads, new to TTW and currently enjoying reliving the FO3 nostalgia.

Question, I've tried loading the underwater home mod, cause I just can't live without it (read: can definitely live without it, I just want it again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) but I don't get the quest starting which leads to it being unlocked, also doesn't appear on the map when I try to locate it physically, also also can't seem to add any of the items from it using the console. I was hoping someone here is using it and has succeeded loading it, or otherwise someone might know what the issue might be.

I imagine it could have something to do with it usually loading after leaving Doc Mitchell's house, which I have not "done" story-wise. Thanks for any help.

Death_Reaper56

Re: Underwater Home compatibility

Post by Death_Reaper56 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

This is why you should read the Faq.You cant use FO 3 Mods as they are.They need to be converted to work with TTW first.Unless your using the NV version.In that case,you have to go to New Vegas for that to pop up.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:04 am

Tried it out myself - the underwater home works fine when you go to the Mojave the proper way (take the train).

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 am

I assume that it's because the mod is set to start after a certain quest stage as been achieved by the character, and that quest stage is probably the end of the Doc Mitchell's tutorial or something like that.

For that to work in TTW after the character gets out of Vault 101, the mod will have to have that quest stage changed appropriately (as in changed from the Doc Mitchell's tutorial end to the escape vault 101 end, or something like that).
Signature:

OnlyOnSundays

Post by OnlyOnSundays » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, it works just like jlf65 says, doesn't work if you just teleport to doc Mitchell's house.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:58 am

Don't teleport between wastelands in TTW, it will break the game because there's no way of telling the game where you are unless you use the train or any wasteland travel mod created and/or updated after November 2018. :P
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Actually, you can (technically speaking) teleport between wastelands... IF you use the transportalponder with the appropriate TTW patch. That means you still have to take the train to the Mojave the first time (or start the game in the Mojave). 8-)

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:07 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Actually, you can (technically speaking) teleport between wastelands... IF you use the transportalponder with the appropriate TTW patch. That means you still have to take the train to the Mojave the first time (or start the game in the Mojave). 8-)
That's why I said:
"unless you use the train or any wasteland travel mod created and/or updated after November 2018. :P"
:lol:
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Yeah, I guess "updated" does cover the TTW patch for the transportalponder. You're technically correct, dad-gum it! :D