Food No Healing mods

General help and troubleshooting.
SirDanest

Food No Healing mods

Post by SirDanest » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm

So, would a mod to remove healing from food like this work properly for ttw? (I don't recall whether or not f3 had a lot of unique food that wouldn't be touched by a new vegas food mod.)
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51138
Likewise, there's another new vegas mod that adds some hydration to nuka colas.

I suppose if they're incompatible I can go through each item myself in the geck.

Risewild

Re: Food No Healing mods

Post by Risewild » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:33 am

SirDanest wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm
So, would a mod to remove healing from food like this work properly for ttw? (I don't recall whether or not f3 had a lot of unique food that wouldn't be touched by a new vegas food mod.)
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51138
Likewise, there's another new vegas mod that adds some hydration to nuka colas.

I suppose if they're incompatible I can go through each item myself in the geck.
Remove healing from food items would work for the food present in FO3 that also exist in FNV. But there are quite a few types of food in FO3 that don't exist in FNV, and TTW also added quite a few more food types.

Here's a list of what you would need to change yourself (I might be forgetting something). I assume this mod would also remove the healing from drinks that heal, so I'm adding them here too:

Fallout 3 food:
  • Hatchling Mirelurk Meat
  • Mirelurk Meat
  • Softshell Mirelurk Meat
  • Nukalurk Meat
  • Mirelurk Cakes
  • Mississippi Quantum pie
Fallout 3 DLC food:
  • Alien Squid (MZ DLC)
  • Alien Worm (MZ DLC)
  • Wild Punga Fruit (PL DLC)
  • Refined Punga Fruit (PL DLC)
  • Slop (Pitt DLC)
  • Aqua Cura (BS DLC)
  • Aqua Pura (BS DLC)
  • Holy Water (BS DLC)
TTW food:
  • Ant Bits
  • Ant Nog
  • Bloat Fly Smoothie
  • Brain Food
  • Brain Freeze
  • Brain Fungus
  • Fire Ant Bits
  • Fire Ant Nog
  • Glowing Mushroom
  • Mirelurk Special
  • Mirelurk Thermador
  • Mole Rat Steak
  • Mutfruit Marinade
  • Nukalurk Sushi
  • Out Of This World Pie
  • Spicy Nukalurk Roll
  • Spicy Quantum Sauce
  • Startencle
  • Steamed Mirelurk
  • Steamed Rad Roach
  • Wasteland Hot Dog
  • Yao Guai Medallions
If you wanted to make the food heal instead, you would have to change the food that mod alters.
Or you could just use the mod and have some food heal and some don't.

As a third option, you could just add hydration to the sodas yourself and make your own mod.

About mods that make Nuka-Cola hydrate... I searched and found these two:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45692/
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35577/
The first one doesn't seem to affect special Nuka-Colas, and the second one adds hydration to alcoholic drinks too. So they're not really what you asked for.
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:11 pm

My Soda Replacer mod makes the different Nuka flavors hydrate... except the alcoholic ones (Rum & Nuka and Nuka-Cola Dark). The alcoholic flavors also don't offset sleep as much given that alcohol is a depressant, so that offsets the caffeine somewhat. Quantum, with twice the calories and caffeine, offsets sleep quite a bit more.

My soda replacer mod is designed around heavy soda usage... you could use soda in place of food or drugs, and I often do.

SirDanest

Post by SirDanest » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Yeah, I'm aware of the already existing mods, it's just hard to tell how they'd interact with TTW.
Weapon mods, for instance, are often on the incompatible list for one reason or another (I think.) So it's hard to say what a new vegas food and drink mod would do to ttw's balance, or if it would affect everything or only somethings. It's be weird, I suppose, if new vegas nuka cola hydrates, and for some reason, DC nuka colas don't.
Some "high quality" or rare/difficult to make foods offering healing, with other more common stuff being solely for staving off hunger could be a cool idea.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Both DC Nuka Colas and Mojave Nuka Colass are the same item in TTW, so if it affects one, it affects another. :)
If it exists in both games, TTW usually uses the FNV version for both wastelands. :D

I posted above, a list of foods that won't be affected by NV mods that alter foods (if it alters all of NV foods).
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 pm

The biggest problem with weapon mods I've seen is they change the form lists for things like ExplosionOnHit or similar. These lists can be very different between NV and TTW, so while you CAN use a particular weapon mod without breaking TTW, it may have odd effects on things using those form lists. You probably need to go into FONVEdit and fix the lists... which means making a TTW version. It's pretty easy to do, but many people haven't done something like that before.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 am

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6889&p=61563&hilit ... ing#p61563

somebody already made a mod for TTW that disables food healing. I should test it out...