TTW compatible Scorpion replacer?

General mod discussion and requests.
Wolfar15

TTW compatible Scorpion replacer?

Post by Wolfar15 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:26 pm

So I have phobias that make me really not want to have the radscorpians in my game. (I don't mind the robo scorps) I had previously been using the mod No Scorpians - Scorpian remover for Fallout NV that changes the models, animations, and sounds of scorpions to those of a Dog. These dongs still have the same stats and still drop poison glands but are much easier for me to deal with. I'm just wondering if there is a compatible mod for TTW or if the aforementioned mod would work out of the box, or if not how to convert it to work with TTW?

Here is a link to that mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46006

Bullfrog

Re: TTW compatible Scorpion replacer?

Post by Bullfrog » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:57 am

There are multiple replacers for creatures, but they only cover the New Vegas part and not the DC part, hence they are not really for TTW.
You may want to create your own mod for your purpose. You just need to decide how you want to achieve your goal.

You could modify the leveled lists and replace all entries for Rad Scorpions by something else of a similar power. This would not cover hand placed scorpions, if there are any. It's probably the quickest solution, but not the most thorough one.

You could also replace the scorpion creatures by something else (creature properties of dogs, Deathclaws and so on). This way the creatures will have new properties including look and when a leveled list calls for e.g. an Albino Rad Scorpion, it will spawn your modified Albino which looks and performs like a Deathclaw. This solution does not require to modify the creature leveled lists and covers hand placed scorpions as well.

Wolfar15

Re: TTW compatible Scorpion replacer?

Post by Wolfar15 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:20 pm

Edit, never mind. I'll have to make my own.