How do I repair armors with no DT or DR from a vendor?

General mod discussion and requests.
Johnny Casey

How do I repair armors with no DT or DR from a vendor?

Post by Johnny Casey » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:08 pm

Apparently NPCs will not repair any armor that has no protection whatsoever. So how do I repair them aside from finding an item from their repair list?

Been using Jsawyer Ultimate which had an option to add small amount of DR to all armors (even those that had no DT or DR), but now that I've switched over to sawyerbatty.esp, I can't seem to find a way.

Lyndi

Re: How do I repair armors with no DT or DR from a vendor?

Post by Lyndi » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:00 pm

There's an option to let vendor's repair those items in the Stewie's Tweaks ini. By default the game hides them from the repair list because repairing them has zero impact on their use. Of course if they get broken and then can't be worn you're kinda out of luck in that case.

Just search "repair" in the Stewie's Tweaks ini file and enable the "Show Quest And Non DR/DT Items In Vendor Repair Menu" option and they should show up for repair in game.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Have you tried repairing it with basic clothing? You can buy a bunch of different clothes.in rivet market and tenpenny tower.

Johnny Casey

Post by Johnny Casey » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:42 am

I just went into Jsawyer Ultimate.esp and deleted every records but the ones that needed to activate 'DR for every armor' feature, but Stewie's tweak option seem to be more preferable. Thanks for letting me know.

The item I need repairing was Three Dog's Headwrap, which its repair parts are hard to find. I wouldn't bother to write this discussion post if I can just find spare copy of the item easily to repair the broken one.