Nifskope shell casing sounds?

General mod discussion and requests.
Bottletopman

Nifskope shell casing sounds?

Post by Bottletopman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 pm

I honestly don't know if this belongs in the TTW Mod Talk or TTW Modding subforums, but anyway I'm trying to make 50 mg, 25mm and 40mm shell casings have different sounds from the rest of the bullet casings. In vanilla game all three share the same sounds with all the other bullet casings, so they sound a bit too light for my liking.

I know that the impact sounds are part of the mesh itself, and that they are somehow tied with the PHYCasingX sound entries in the GECK but I can't for the life of me find where in nifskope the setting is. I want to create a PHYCasingGrenade entry, then have that work with the grenade shell casings. So far from googling, it may have something to do with the HAV_MAT field in nifskope, but like before, I can't find this anywhere in a shell casing nif I open up.

I can see under the 25mmshellcasing.nif for example, with Nifskope 2.0 Dev 7, that under the bhkRigidBody section, there's a FOL_SHELLCASING layer, and under the bhkCapsuleShape the material type is FO_HAV_MAT_HOLLOW_METAL, how would I go from here setting a custom sound to this without affecting the other shell casing sounds?

update: ok so it seems like there's actually two different sounds at play: the first is when the cartridge first hits the ground, at which point the PHYCasing sound plays. If the shell keeps rolling around after that point, it plays the FO_HAV_MAT audio. How can I create a new PHYCasing sound entry, tie it with the grenade shell nifs, and have those nifs also use the same audio with havok materials?
tp for my bunghole?