Seeking harder raiders Mojave

General mod discussion and requests.
Laclongquan

Seeking harder raiders Mojave

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:06 pm

As you know, even delevel and raise it again in Mojave, the damn Raiders seem too weak compared to CW.

Example: Level 20, Novac viper nest (south of novac), there're two respawn and they are 35 HP, with one wearing metal armor and so a little bit harder, two shots. The other wearing raider armor so just one shot.

Which I dont know if that's the normal state for Mojave raiders because I just fresh off the Sierra Madre with the Ghost hunter has 120-150HP.

Checking wiki the Vipers are nearly the top of their HP range.
So the question is
-------------
Do you guys know any good tough Mojave raider mod for use with TTW? It's better to change basic stat of them so have bigger HP, tougher DT/DR, shooting more accurate... than to change their number
-------------
I tried Mojave Raiders mod and while it increase the number of raider spawns, its HP template and equipments doesnt seem to change toward tougher. 35 HP and raider armors are just mobile targets. Say, Nipton's jackal repopulating: 10 of them can be dealt with just by a Lucky and JFP bullets. MEanwhile Ghost types are 120-150HP.

Laclongquan

Re: Seeking harder raiders Mojave

Post by Laclongquan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Solution 1: Better Raider Armor mod. This increase all four type of raiderish armors DT from 4 to 8, so increase their defense a bit. And no, PC dont wear them, even if painspike or sadist suit my taste. Maria always wear naughty nightwear so there~

Solution 2: More Fiends mod. This one spread Fiends all over the place and they should be tougher compared to the fodders that is viper and jackal. Example is two in front of Prospector Saloon, and three between Goodsprings and Jean Sky Diving.

Solution 3: Mojave Raiders mod. This one increase raiders number in each concentration. Also add a Nipton retakeover by Jackals (10 in there after Vulpes left). While the numbers are satisfying, the template are still vanilla which is just... boring.

Solution 4: the ever present More Spawn mod.

The biggest illustration would be South Vegas Ruin around the doorway into Vault 3. If unlucky they could surround you and three gunslingers are just not enough.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 am

NV is just balanced for casual play, it's a design flaw. It will be addressed in 3.4

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:47 am

Oh, I know.

NOw that I have Capital Wasteland and Mojave to compare in a common engine, it's obvious CW is more like a tactical combat game with heavy RPG element thrown in, and Mojave is heavy RPG with combat thrown in.

This conclusion cant be given before TTW because of different engine, but now I can make it.

----------

Side note: A combo of these

---Mojave Wildlife to increase overall wild life spawns
---Mojave Raiders so as to increase overall raiders' spawns, all three of them.
---More Enemies, Fiends, to increase overall Fiends spawns all over and their abilities too. I set it below so it would not get overwritten by MR template.
---Harder than You Beta, this will increase their leveled list a bit
---More Spawn x3 so to increase overall spawns of everything. Like, if you check Helios One's troopers guarding the entrance, there's 2 normal and one LT? Well, one more normal will try to edge out one of the two out of position.

Only More Spawn is from here TTW, the rest can be found on Nexus.

Checking: It all work if
--- Nipton after Vulpes leave. A big number of Jackal (10) will hold the streets, this is MR. Some Fiends will mingle with them, this is MEF. They will fight each other.
--- Nighkins and SM appear a little more often than normal on the outside. Unsure which group can be shown by press ~ and checking their ref id.
--- Around Goodsprings there should be two or three groups of Fiends. This is MEF.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:09 pm

I overhauled exactly this in my damage overhaul. Made everything super deadly, got rid of the vanilla nerfs for enemies, difficulty settings only increase damage dealt by all including the player, removed levelling, adjusted all weapons and equipment. You start at 25, distribute your stats, points, perks, and that's it. The player only gets an edge over NPCs by tactical play.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:34 am

Recommendation: a combo of two mods make it so much better than standing alone or with others.

More Enemies Fiends + Pythonesque Fiends.

The latter introduce voice dialog for Fiends, both males and females. it make the Fiends so different in combat compare to Jackals or Vipers.

You can test in the South Vegas Ruin and Zapp Neon Sign where it crawl with Fiends in close quarter, you can hear a lot. the only place I can hear Black Knight always triumph.
-------
I said this because some people may not like Mojave Raiders changing too extensive to all 3 clans of raiders, thus choosing only one clan, in which case is fiends.

But hell, Pythonesque Fiends can help MR, and More Spawns as well. Just not as clear cut as with More Fiends.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:37 am

Solution 6: BOSS!!!!

There's a mod called TTW Raider Overlord which adding minibosses Raider Overlords with 535 HP, DR and DT . You can meet this at level 9 at Charnel House, Capital Wasteland, for an example.

On Mojave it's harder because it call for variables that rare on Mojave side. Well, it can be considered as a random factor.

NOte: that mod require a F3 mod for art asset, but if you dont install F3 mod, that overlord appear with body invisible.

Note: the point of this BOSS idea is to increase cost to deal with raider gangs, and each group wont be a cakewalk, or an easy way to harvest loots. Now each raider encounter can be a potential bash-your-face reload. Because in cw the distribution is random as hell. You could very well meet 3 overlord in springvale schoolyard, or none.

Note: the boss loot is not op. Heavy armor that cheaper than metal, and soso weapon. Coupled with high ammo expenditure, each fight is quite balanced, economically.
Last edited by Laclongquan on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fleebusia

Post by Fleebusia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:35 pm

I never got to experience the difficulty scaling and/or pacing in Mojave. In fact, in TTW I only really planned to go over there to pick up the Trail carbine, then scurry back to the CW.

Unfortunate for me that your combo list is more or less exclusive to the Mojave. Though I wouldn't mind a crack at that raider overlord. Not that it would make a whole lot of sense to have just one tough enemy sticking out like a sore thumb in a sea of vanilla weaklings.

The impression I get is that while the premise of TTW is nothing short of astonishing, it's also a few years behind the 8-ball in playability simply because of that massive technical hurdle in getting a mind-boggling amount of content to mesh together in harmony. So far, a staggering amount of work and yet only just coming into fruition in terms of modability.

In I come, a technical imbecile, wondering why it doesn't measure up to overhaul mods that have had an unchanging foundation with which to build on for many years. I guess what I am trying to say is, I feel a bit ignorant now with my expectation that the TTW team would have the time and resources to put any emphasis on gameplay balance at this point in time.

It is true that I could not stomach playing TTW in its current state, but that's primarily on me. I'm accustomed to playing mods with settings so harsh and ridiculous that it makes TTW feel more like a Hello-kitty adventure. Though what I crave probably isn't even in line with the aspirations of the TTW developers to begin with. As tantalizing to me as TTW's concept is, I'm going to have to accept that and wait for a time when it settles into maturity and becomes a more stable foundation for future modding projects.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to undermine what you are trying to do. That combo list looks like a good start and something other players will likely make use of. But, as a child of the commonwealth, I must wait for something more cohesive and something that encapsulates the CW in its entirety. But this whole TTW adventure has completely revitalized my love for Fo3. Currently fighting for my life out there in the CW. See you on the road traveler. :)

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:32 pm

I said elsewhere, but I wills stress here in this thread again:

Capital Wasteland as designed in Fallout 3 and replicated somewhat here in TTW is a tactical combat game first, with heavy RPG element thrown in for good measure.

Mojave as designed in Fallout New Vegas is a RPG game first and get medium level of combat thrown.

If you expect cohesive story and writings in Capital Wasteland portion, you are going to come away sore and disappointed. As I wrote elsewhere, writings in Fallout 3 is a promise half fulfilled, in both quest design and characters.

If you expect good, and heavy, tactical combat in Mojave you will also come away disappointed. That part just doesnt get designed to deal with high level of combat. Do that (grind combat) and you cakewalk the whole portion of it.

AS SUCH.

As such. It's very much recommended that you play each portion in its entirety instead of piecemeal. So that you are familiar with each one's thematic direction, quest design, combat level etc... And dont come in one land and expect the same thing similar to the other land. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Laclongquan

Post by Laclongquan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:42 pm

On which part apply to Mojave and which apply to Capital Wasteland. The thread mention about Mojave, so it's applied there in its entirety.

But which apply for CW?
- Boss Raider Overlord works. You can test with Bethesda ruin: 3 are guaranteed on the outside, and one each for the buildings.
- More Spawn works, period. The ruins are swarming~
- Better Raider Armor works. Dont expect to get away with using HP ammo unless you crit. or headshot.
- Harder than You Beta work half and half. Some robots do get extra abilities. SM masters and ghouls too. Centaurs, radscorp, molerat, fireants.
++++ The hell of it is, some normal creatures are normal and you get used to it as vanilla, then suddenly some are buffed by HtY and get extra dangerous. It does change CW's pace compared to a normal game with random element.
++++ Example, here you are minding your own business which is pumping 200 rounds of AP ammo onto a heavy armor robot, a 75HP (protectron or gutsy) poking their head out, you ignore it as low threat, and next second you get blinded by its attack. Your whole screen whitened, you open Pipboy and cant see a damn thing there.