TTW Script Use Permission

General mod discussion and requests.
Manan

TTW Script Use Permission

Post by Manan » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:35 pm

While trying to readjust a chem from another mod and make it apply a speed boost, I found out what it looks like the TTW team did some time ago -- the vanilla game's Speed Multiplier base effect is nonfunctional. I had noticed that there were working poisons in TTW that reduced movement speed, so I checked how they worked: scripted object effects (e.g. TTWReduceSpeedMult25Script). I'd be interested in reverse-engineering that script in putting it into what I'm doing, but the script would be 99% intact and I'd like to upload the result on the Nexus. Does anyone know whose work those scripts are, so I can ask their permission to use their work as a part of a separate mod?

Laclongquan

Re: TTW Script Use Permission

Post by Laclongquan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:02 am

Are you certain? The few times i use reducing speed poison dart on albino i think they are slower somewhat

Manan

Post by Manan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:39 pm

Oh, I'm sure their slowdown effects work because I've used the darts to slow enemies down. I'm just hoping to get permission to use basically the same script for a chem to make the user move faster for a time.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:07 am

Everything in TTW is open permissions as long as you give credit.

Manan

Post by Manan » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:51 pm

Alright, great. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any particular individual I should be mentioning besides the TTW team.

Thank you.