Why bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0 is dumb [image heavy]

General mod discussion and requests.
vivekbarad

Re: Why bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0 is dumb [image heavy]

Post by vivekbarad » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:31 am

RoyBatty wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:00 pm
So you found a vanilla bug, I've fixed these before, probably wrong flags on the NPCs. I just checked, neither is edited by TTW.

I use DXT compression because it's the same as Vanilla, TTW is meant to be vanilla, as in it should run with the minimum requirements for New Vegas.

As for the textures in the bsa, this is just a bug which is fixed in 3.3

EDIT

As expected, they have the wrong flags = can be all races. This is an obsidian bug, I'll fix it and look for more.

EDIT 2

Some quick flag fixing, remove can be all races, make sure Use Traits and Use Model/Animation is set and...

I must give credit where it's due, Qwinn discovered how to fix this bug properly and shared the info with me last year.

a2b34

a2b35
ometv

15e238
Omegle Tv

I fixed a total of 29 which were broken (all in FalloutNV.esm)

The only NPC that has this flag (or should) is DAD because he changes race with the player. It may also be intentional with Ghost at Mojave Outpost, didn't test her yet.
Do either of you have an NVidia GPU? If so, try running those .dds files through ESRGAN to get an AI upscaled .png, then rescale down and recompress as .dds.

If you give me the .dds, I'll run it through Topaz and do the same thing, so we can compare both to the original.

RoyBatty
Gary

Re: Why bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0 is dumb [image heavy]

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 am

Yes, and upscales are garbage without hand fixing the squiggly snakes in the them from the interpolation.