Recommended Mods to Pair with TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting

General mod discussion and requests.
GalenKnight56

Recommended Mods to Pair with TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting

Post by GalenKnight56 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:55 pm

Hello, so I am using the TTW version of the Realistic Wasteland Lighting mod and I really do like it for the most part except the nights are really dark. I am aware of an extra patch I can use to brighten the nights, but I'd rather use some mods where I have access to other methods of seeing in the dark without having to rely on CatEye or the Friend of the Night perk. Any recommendations for mods that will go nicely with RWL and allow me to see well in the dark and are reasonably balanced?

Kurt91

Re: Recommended Mods to Pair with TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting

Post by Kurt91 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:17 am

There should be a conversion of Gopher's night-vision goggle mod. Since you still have to work your way to where the goggles are located, NVSE Flashlight works as a tool to last you until you get there. (Mainly because there's a flicker to it that's an engine limitation, so if it drives you nuts as badly as it does for me, you'll want one only long enough to last you until you get the night-vision goggles.)

Since the flashlight gives you a narrower range of vision than you'd have otherwise, I'd also recommend JIP Minimap. By default, it only shows you where you've already been via a fog-of-war type of effect, so it should be useful in helping you navigate through the darkness, without rendering the Pip-Boy map completely useless.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 am

I'll add Street Lights TTW as a suggestion. :)
Signature:

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:48 am

Kurt91 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:17 am
There should be a conversion of Gopher's night-vision goggle mod.
You want these:
Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision
Advanced Recon Trap Detection
Advanced Recon Patches

The third requires the first two. It runs a script that goes through the helmets and such, adding the nightvision and trap detection. It even works on TTW. I checked it over for TTW3, and it should be fine. I'm using it myself. It will also patch Project Nevada equipment if it's present, but doesn't require PN. I'm using this for nightvision right now instead of Alex Scorpion's nightvision goggles. It consumes more valuable plugins, but I like it better.