Recommended Body/Armor Replacers

General mod discussion and requests.
Kurt91

Recommended Body/Armor Replacers

Post by Kurt91 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 pm

I'm getting a VR headset soon, and saw a few tutorials on how to set up New Vegas as closely as possible as a VR game, even with a limited sort of gun/view disconnect. Since I'm going to be much more up-close to things in the game, I'd like to hopefully get the graphics working as good as I can, and I remembered that I had trouble with people.

So, I'd like to know if there are any specific body and armor replacers that you guys would recommend. I remember somebody mentioned on an older thread (that I can't seem to find again) a specific body type that eliminated the neck seam. I also would like to know of any recommended armor replacers, preferably ones that would work for both NV and FO3 armors (I don't know if replacers from FO3 would work, as long as they only affect graphics and not stats, without needing some sort of conversion). The last time that I played, I did something wrong, and some of the Raiders ended up with their nipples growing out of their shoulders. I just chalked it up as minor mutations due to all the radiation, and kept going, but it was kind of annoying. Like I said, I'm going to be seeing everything much closer, so I'd like to eliminate things like that as much as possible this time around.

Lyndi

Re: Recommended Body/Armor Replacers

Post by Lyndi » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:15 am

Type 4 is the one without neck and wrist seams and has a TTW compatible version. Type 3 armors mostly work with type 4, but they will usually have seams as they weren't made for it. If all you want is vanilla stuff though, you should be able to just use Type 4 and won't need anything from Type 3 if I remember correctly.

Side note: I tried setting TTW up for use with my Vive and it was a fun experiment, but I couldn't play the entire game that way. :lol:

kiakrogabalma

Post by kiakrogabalma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:59 am

There's a FO3 night-vision goggle I use in FO3 that has these goggles, but the files don't exist in FONV, and are not included as part of the TTW installer. I know - my first set of night-vision goggles for TTW were this one, but I had to extract the files from FO3 by hand, which means that everyone using the mod would have to as well.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 pm

kiakrogabalma wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:59 am
There's a FO3 night-vision goggle I use in FO3 that has these goggles, but the files don't exist in FONV, and are not included as part of the TTW installer. I know - my first set of night-vision goggles for TTW were this one, but I had to extract the files from FO3 by hand, which means that everyone using the mod would have to as well.
Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread where someone requested nv goggles. I wound up making a TTW3 patch for AlexScorpion's NV Goggles since he uses his own models and textures. It does have some issues, though. That FO3 NV goggle mod is my favorite, but a TTW3 version would be beyond many users due to the missing files. Extracting them isn't hard, but some people have trouble just running the game, much less extracting files for a mod. :(