3.2 Mod Conversion Requests

General mod discussion and requests.
kingofmice

3.2 Mod Conversion Requests

Post by kingofmice » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:08 am

Hello!

With TTW 3.2 release I thought I would make a request of some mods that may be beyond my ability to convert. As of now, I will be attempting to convert some mods, but being rather new to conversion I think a more experienced hand will be necessary with some of the mods I would like to see.

Crygreg has already made fantastic a list (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6543) I would like to see converted so I will avoid those major mods and would like to add my own encouragement to see those mods converted.

List of Mods:
Mothership Zeta Crew
Vault 101 Revisited
Taller DC Skyscrapers
TTW Expanded DC Vendor Inventories (do not know if this is still necessary)
Moira Brown Craterside Enterprise 2.0 (deadboy did a conversion that included script cleanup and other edits, and I am unsure how to replicate these changes)
Book Perks Improved
Capital Caravan
Ice Cold Vending Machines
USS Hoodwink
Megaton Lighting Overhaul
Difficult Journey (do not know if this is still necessary)
TTW Traps (same as above)
Improved Megaton Home TTW

Edit: removed FCO 3.0 and legacy information
Last edited by kingofmice on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crygreg

Re: 3.2 Mod Conversion Requests

Post by Crygreg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am

Oh, some of those I totally forgot.
Great list! Especially Megaton Lightning Overhaul, Taller DC Skyscrapers and some other mods are also a must have.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 pm

MZC ... maybe
Expanded DC inventories is no longer needed.
Craterside Enterprises will need fixing
Difficult Journey... dunno, therm isn't in the team anymore
TTW Traps really? someone uses it? OK I can do that.

FCO, no, never. The problem is with FCO, not TTW. Fallout 3 has children, including the player twice, no child races = no go.

Crygreg

Post by Crygreg » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:18 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 pm

FCO, no, never. The problem is with FCO, not TTW. Fallout 3 has children, including the player twice, no child races = no go.
Also, TTW Redesigned is much better and more vanilla like (just with better quality and prettier faces) and is work in progress with Fallout 3 Redesigned and Qwinn's newest NV Redesigned 3.

IvoryOwl

Post by IvoryOwl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Crygreg wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:18 pm
Also, TTW Redesigned is much better and more vanilla like (just with better quality and prettier faces) and is work in progress with Fallout 3 Redesigned and Qwinn's newest NV Redesigned 3.
I thought NV Redesigned 3 and beyond required FCO? Most tend to stick with the second one because FCO isn't mandatory and the characters are more 'lore-friendly'.

RoyBatty
Gary

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:02 pm

It only requires the assets, not the ESM. The ESM is the problem.

EmperorBarry

Post by EmperorBarry » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:53 am

I'd give my left arm for Difficult Joruney to be converted to 3.2 before I get there in my current playthrough. Which in fairness will be quite some time. Is the train much different from 2.4? Would a simple conversion script do the trick?

KINGKICKASS1552

Post by KINGKICKASS1552 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask; if this is a thread for requesting 2.9.4 mods to be converted to 3.2, or if it's any mod in general to convert to TTW 3.2, but if it is the latter I have 1 request I'd like to make.

Would it be at all possible to convert this mod to TTW?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3402

The first time I played Fallout 3 (or any Fallout game), I was 13. I fell in love with it and I explored EVERYWHERE the Capital Wasteland had to offer. But there was one place I took maybe 20 steps in, left and never went back: The Dunwich building. It scared the SH*T out of me, and to this day I have never entered the Dunwich building again.

Fast forward 8 years and I'm ready to finally face whatever is in there. But I want to feel just as uncertain and fearful as I was as a kid going in there, even more than I was actually. I tried before (unsuccessfully, go figure what happens when you try to use a FO3 mod in FNV) to play it, but it just crashed my game over and over again till I had to give up. But is it possible in any way?

Kangarus

Post by Kangarus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Would it be possible to convert Alternate Start - Roleplayers plus Grognak the Barbarian to TTW?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3339/

morfeurs

Post by morfeurs » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:22 am

kingofmice wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:08 am
Hello!

With TTW 3.2 release I thought I would make a request of some mods that may be beyond my ability to convert. As of now, I will be attempting to convert some mods, but being rather new to conversion I think a more experienced hand will be necessary with some of the mods I would like to see.

Crygreg has already made fantastic a list (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6543) I would like to see converted so I will avoid those major mods and would like to add my own encouragement to see those mods converted.

List of Mods:
Mothership Zeta Crew
Vault 101 Revisited
Taller DC Skyscrapers
TTW Expanded DC Vendor Inventories (do not know if this is still necessary)
Moira Brown Craterside Enterprise 2.0 (deadboy did a conversion that included script cleanup and other edits, and I am unsure how to replicate these changes)
Book Perks Improved
Capital Caravan
Ice Cold Vending Machines
USS Hoodwink
Megaton Lighting Overhaul
Difficult Journey (do not know if this is still necessary)
TTW Traps (same as above)
Improved Megaton Home TTW

Edit: removed FCO 3.0 and legacy information
Book Perks Improved is a really good mod. I like how in Fallout 4 you get perks for finding unique magazines, and I'd like this mod was avaiable for TTW 3.2 too.