Mod Requests TTW

General mod discussion and requests.
RetroJaro

Re: Mod Requests TTW

Post by RetroJaro » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:55 pm

On the old forum I did a rough hack of williesea's Leveler's Chamber and Leveler's House. It had some problems. I would love for someone to combine these together the right way for TTW. ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13632/ and https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47473 )

jackdouglas

Post by jackdouglas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Xtra Special MCM version would need a patch for the super mutant. The modules of project nevada would be also nice to patch.

Stealthly

Post by Stealthly » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:01 am

Mod that makes all the fallout 3 merchants essential would be nice.

If anyone wants to know how to make the four wandering fallout 3 merchants essential without mods here's how: Camp in front of megaton with deputy weld and hangout where the merchants usually appear at. Now when they are there press the ~ key to bring up the console command and click on the merchants, guard, brahmin etc etc with console command open still and use the GBO command you'll get the actors/npc base id something like 0606bf3 now use this id and use the command setessential 0606bf3 1(or whatever GBO you got) and rinse and repeat for all four merchants.

Why is this necessary or why bother doing it? Because the merchants can and will die as time progresses in your fallout playthrough especially with albino scrops and overlords becoming more common as you level up, so with this this little tweak you won't have to worry. I've played many hours of vanilla fallout 3 on xbox 360 and had this happen too many times.

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am

Stealthly wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:01 am
Mod that makes all the fallout 3 merchants essential would be nice.

If anyone wants to know how to make the four wandering fallout 3 merchants essential without mods here's how: Camp in front of megaton with deputy weld and hangout where the merchants usually appear at. Now when they are there press the ~ key to bring up the console command and click on the merchants, guard, brahmin etc etc with console command open still and use the GBO command you'll get the actors/npc base id something like 0606bf3 now use this id and use the command setessential 0606bf3 1(or whatever GBO you got) and rinse and repeat for all four merchants.

Why is this necessary or why bother doing it? Because the merchants can and will die as time progresses in your fallout playthrough especially with albino scrops and overlords becoming more common as you level up, so with this this little tweak you won't have to worry. I've played many hours of vanilla fallout 3 on xbox 360 and had this happen too many times.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6689&hilit=essential
Signature:

rbroab

Post by rbroab » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

I’m still interested in a mod that will make the radio quiet during dialogue
I'm not alright, I'm an equal amount of left.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:40 pm

That should be an ini setting to make the radios quieter.

rbroab

Post by rbroab » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:38 pm

What do you mean Roy? As in it can already be found in ini files? The only thing that gets quieter is Three Dog, and I’m wondering if that’s just because he uses dialogue files and not songs.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:11 pm

There's a game setting to turn the radio down during dialogue, I forget what it is. Since volume levels are different in NV's sound engine, it probably needs adjustment.

rbroab

Post by rbroab » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:17 pm

The fRadioDialogMute setting is the closest thing I could find to a dialog/radio setting. It is set to .5 in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Playing around with this setting didn’t give me any varied results.

Looked up what it might be in relation to, but even the website that describes each setting of ini files lists its effect as unknown. I’ll have to play around with the ini file a bit more later.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 pm

That sounds like it, no effect? Might be broken.