General mod discussion and requests.
boe35

Re: Mod Requests TTW

Post by boe35 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 pm

Colonel_Campbell007 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:37 pm
boe35 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Hey can anyone convert this mod for Charon? It fixes the bug where he wont use any other weapon other than the shotgun he uses to kill Ahzrukhal.
Charon Scene Shotgun Fix
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21325?tab=files

These too if you can...

Scavanger Armors
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/10228

Raider Combat Armors
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11880

Wasteland Soldier armor
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/17638

Handy Companions
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21651
Dude, you posted this every where....

The armor ones are really simple to do yourself. We'll use the Wasteland Soldier Armor as an example....
SpoilerShow
1) Unzip the Wasteland Soldier file and place the meshes and textures folder in your FNV data folder. Ignore the esp. We don't need it.
2) Open the Geck. Check all the required .esms for ttw. (FNV and all DLCs, FO3 and all DLCs TaleOfTwoWastelands and YUPTTW). Click Ok. Wait for it to load.
3) Wait a bit longer....
4) Once it's loaded, click the + symbol next to Item then click on armor.
5) In the list on the right, double click ArmorCombat
6) For the ID: Change it to something else, as long as it's unique. For the Name: Name it Wasteland Soldier Light(this is what appears in-game) Click OK then Yes to create a new form.
7) Open the armor you just made and under Male Biped Model click edit then click edit again on the next window that pops up. Navigate to meshes/armor/ghouls/wasteland soldier/wastelandsoldierlight_m.nif. Click on it, then click open then Ok. Do the same for the Female Biped Model only this time choose wastelandsoldierlight_f.nif for the female version(generally, male variants end with m, female with f).
8) Customize the Weight, Health(durability), DT(ignore DR) etc to your liking.
9) When your satisfied, click Ok then click Data from the toolbar at the top, then Save. Name it whatever.
10) Under world space in the Cell View tab, click the drop-down list and select Wasteland. In the list below click the first entry then press the V key. Vault101Ext should be highlighted. Double click it and once it's loaded drop your new armor somewhere(press F to drop it to the ground) Save again and try it out in-game.

If you want to buy it from a merchant, look up how to set that up on the GeckWiki(basically, you drop it in a new(unique) container, place that container somewhere in-game where no NPCs can reach, and set the owner to whichever vendor you want to sell it).

Lastly, if you actually DO this and plan to use it in your game, I'd highly suggest watching a vid or two on how to use xEdit as the Geck will constantly add unwanted edits to your plugins. You can use xEdit to remove them.
This was just sorta off the cuff. I'm not an experienced modder or anything; just some random guy who plays around with the Geck, so I may have forgot something. But my point is, for FO3 mods that just add armor it's really easy to do it yourself and can be done quickly.
Cool thanks for for instructions, I'll give it a try. By the way do have any idea how to convert the Charon fix and/or the Handy companion mods?

XenoCole

Post by XenoCole » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:13 pm

I have a question, is there a mod that can make NPC's not complain about running into objects in the Capital Wasteland? I am getting tired of my companions and random NPC's yelling at me for running into garbage that is literally littering tightly enclosed spaces like a hallway or a utility closet. NV never really had this as far as I remember, it helps that it was much cleaner than FO3. If not, is someone able to make a mod/patch to remove the reactions? ((If I am posting this in the wrong thread, I apologize in advance))

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:47 am

boe35 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 pm
Cool thanks for for instructions, I'll give it a try. By the way do have any idea how to convert the Charon fix and/or the Handy companion mods?
You're welcome and good luck. :)

I'll take a look at the Charon one. If it's a simple fix like a script edit I might be able to create my own version of it in a new .esp and just give the original author credit.... I wouldn't trust a mod converted by myself, haha.

Edit: I just downloaded it and I noticed it was uploaded in 2015 by Roy. Are you sure this isn't already integrated into TTW? I don't use Charon and don't really have save where I can just quickly check for myself....
Last edited by Colonel_Campbell007 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:53 am

XenoCole wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:13 pm
I have a question, is there a mod that can make NPC's not complain....
Yeah, it's here:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6605

Absolute must have. Really helps with immersion.

XenoCole

Post by XenoCole » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:05 am

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:53 am
XenoCole wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:13 pm
I have a question, is there a mod that can make NPC's not complain....
Yeah, it's here:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6605

Absolute must have. Really helps with immersion.
Thank you, Colonel.

boe35

Post by boe35 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:55 am

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:47 am
boe35 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:17 pm
You're welcome and good luck. :)

Quick tip about avoiding dirty wasteland edits I discovered...
SpoilerShow
I meant what I said about running it through xEdit afterwards if you actually intend to use your new plug-in in your game, though. Anytime you place/move objects in the game world, the Geck *will* throw in random edits all across the wasteland when you save.

You can avoid this by creating a new, unique safe( find a safe, change ID, and create new form ) and placing it somewhere, save and quit, remove the dirty wasteland edits in xEdit( the safe will be the only 'placed object' , so remove all blocks/sub-blocks under the wasteland tab but that one ). And from then onwards whenever you want to add more armor or weapons, etc., to the safe, just add it directly to your safe's 'base object' through the menus. **Don't load up the cell where you placed it in the render window and manually navigate to it, and edit it's inventory from there** or you'll get more dirty wasteland edits that you'll need to remove again in xEdit afterwards.

In short, as long as you're careful how you edit things, you can avoid some of the Geck's quirks. I also recommend using Roy Batty's Geck Extender, if you find you like modding and want to try more stuff. It's on the Nexus. ( Thx Roy and friends for fixing the Geck! I wuv you! <3 )
I'll take a look at the Charon one. If it's a simple fix like a script edit I might be able to create my own version of it in a new .esp and just give the original author credit.... I wouldn't trust a mod converted by myself, haha.

Edit: I just downloaded it and I noticed it was uploaded in 2015 by Roy. Are you sure this isn't already integrated into TTW? I don't use Charon and don't really have save where I can just quickly check for myself....
I have read threads on here where it says it is but I'm still having that issue but so far that is the only issue. I do have a specific save before I trying to buy Charon's contract. Every time I try to the scene plays out with no problem, I get Charon Perk, companion wheel and dialogue work good, he even accepts armor to wear but weapons... he doesn't use anything I give him. He keep them like storage but he only uses his combat shotgun even when he is out of ammo. He will just aim and yell at that point. Another weird thing him running out of shotgun ammo, he won't use shotgun ammo I give him. So nothing but pointing and aiming. I have tried this with all vanilla companions and mods... its only happening to Charon.

Like I said I have a Save right before at the Ninth Circle if you want me to try it out for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing, I don't know if its just me I found another bug in Underworld. It with the Chop-Shop the doctor takes your caps for treatment for anything and it will do the scene sometimes but all the time my cap are taken and nothing changed. Buying med. item from him still works though.

Colonel_Campbell007

Post by Colonel_Campbell007 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:05 am

XenoCole wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:05 am
Thank you, Colonel.
No problem.

@ boe35 => I tried to fix Charon's shotgun and gave up....
SpoilerShow
Ok, I just spent awhile playing around with Roy's FO3 fix and Charon's TTW scripts and I can't get it to work, haha. I copied the 'if CharonREF.getitemcount FollowersCharonShotgunScene == 1' bit and placed it in the dialogue checks but it throws an error when I try to recompile the script. I checked CharonSCRIPT in both also but I don't see a difference the two besides some extra stuff for NV/TTW in the TTW version... there's obviously something I'm not seeing.... Sry, man. I reckon it's beyond my, quite limited, skills.
Edit: Fixed that error in the dialogue scripts( Forgot the endif , silly me ). No change in game though....
Edit2: Got desperate and tried using the console to force unequip his scene shotgun, force equip different weapons, etc. Didn't work. It's 4am here so I give up... :(

I checked out Doc Barrows and he healed my health and radiation without problems. I dunno about that one.

Btw, ignore that little tip I mentioned in my previous reply; I didn't actually mean to post it in the first place and I meant to delete it when I edited that post but I forgot. It shouldn't be relied upon and you should always run xEdit afterwards regardless.