What's Your Least Favorite DLC, and How Would You Make It Awesome.

General mod discussion and requests.
Puppettron
Gary

What's Your Least Favorite DLC, and How Would You Make It Awesome.

Post by Puppettron » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:44 pm

My least favorite DLC is Zeta, but I hate so much about it that I really have no solutions to making it fun for me.  However, my second least-favorite is Operation Anchorage, and I've been doing extensive work to make it more fun over the past few weeks, tacking the problems of "oh god, it's exactly the fucking same every goddamned time i go through it!" and "I'm objectively useless in OA unless i've got good Guns skills."  I've got no ideas for "Go away, Necessary Companion, I hate you" currently, but since i only have to shoulder the burden of incompetent AI until i get to HQ, i'm not terribly worried about it.

however, I'm not the entirety of the TTW community (contrary to unpopular belief that everyone on here is me except for you), so unless there's a way to collect all the bitching into one area to sift through and sort out, the only way the modders around here can make fixes to your pet peeve DLCs is by sitting around waiting for it to show up in the various chats and then guessing how big a problem it is.

be warned, though, that modders tend to see the world differently, and if your suggestions are simple enough to make on your own, you'll probably be told to do just that.  also, modders are people, so "simple to make" is completely subjective.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

JaxFirehart

I'm with you, Anchorage and

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm with you, Anchorage and Zeta are my least favorites. Zeta is mostly broken because of meat shield enemies though, which should be fairly easy to fix.

NILLOC 916

I for one think MZC fixes the

Post by NILLOC 916 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 pm

I for one think MZC fixes the crapy ending to Zeta by making it the start of a new adventure, although I do agree with Jax, the enemies are complete bull shit in that dlc. A little green man shouldn't be stronger than a big ass super mutant.

As for my least favorite DLC, I'd have to say it's The Pitt. The story and atmosphere are pretty decent, but I just feel like Bethesda failed to have that DLC live up to it's potential.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
- Rick James.

JaxFirehart

I can agree with that, I like

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:21 pm

I can agree with that, I like the Pitt, but I'm story-oriented so I love the story and endure the gameplay. Zeta and Anchorage have no story. Broken Steel is on par with the rest of FO3 (for better or worse) and PointLookout is pretty interesting.

Puppettron
Gary

pitt's too short imho, could

Post by Puppettron » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:02 pm

pitt's too short imho, could use an AWOP mod or something there.  story's good, the opening beatdown could be fixed by giving the guards cattle prods or something simple to keep from immersion-breaking.

perms:  either a full fireworks display spelling out "Puppettron Made This" anytime a user accesses my content in-game, or just give me credit somewhere.

TJ

The Pitt should've been more 

Post by TJ » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:05 pm

The Pitt should've been more  of a big open world (like PL, but in the Pitt.)

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

Risewild

My least favorite is

Post by Risewild » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:20 pm

My least favorite is Operation Anchorage... it's just like playing a lore-breaking fallout FPS game without any RPG elements or choices or anything, skills don't matter unless it is guns, you can't beat the missions in any way except the only way, they at least made it so it was possible to beat the chinese general with a speech check... but that was it and little else... The Dragoons are annoying, not that they are hard but they have a lot of HP and keep getting invisible which makes it take even longer to defeat... The intel cases sub-mission, it is annoying and the reward is pretty useless...

How to improve it? I don't know, maybe:

• Make it so instead of having to destroy the giant artillery cannons, we could have an option of take control of them instead, and then use artillery strikes to help with the future missions

• Make the perk reward from getting all intel briefcases something worthy of all the time wasted to get all of them

• Having different ways to finish missions

• Have a better war feeling, now there is not that feeling of urgency and danger, despair of having to face an enemy army, I can't explain it.

I do like Mothership Zeta but I do know that most players do not share the same opinion, but I do hate the end of Zeta... All you get is more ammo and alien guns from time to time... I would like that after we beat it we could take advantage of having a highly advanced base in orbit of the earth:

• Make it possible to have a player home in zeta (like the captain's quarters)

• Allow the player to use alien beds to sleep (would be awesome going to sleep inside one of those tube-beds)

• Allow the player to make Alien Drones to follow him as a follower, got destroyed make another one

• Have a way to get more Alien Food somehow after the end of the dlc

• Have a kind of replicator machine that we could buy and sell alien things using alien crystals (kinda like sierra's madre vending machines)

• Allow the player to get one of those alien inertia suppression field

• Allow the temporary followers to become permanent followers after we beat the DLC

• Allow the player to use a weaker version of the death ray in a way like the Euclid's C-Finder

• Make the alien workers not be considered enemies so followers wouldn't shoot them and they wouldn't trick a player into thinking a real enemy was around when looking at the compass.

• Allow to defrost people from time to time for some kind of rewards or services or something.

I like the atmosphere of Point Lookout but I think it is too empty, I would love to see more things that were inspired by those mutant/hillbillies b series horror movies, and an even more dark and menacing environment. Crocodiles, giant snakes, creepy haunted style mansions where random things would happen like books flying around, lights exploding, candelabrums falling, shadows moving, invisible enemies attacking the player and so on...

Signature:

JaxFirehart

that would have been quite

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:22 pm

that would have been quite awesome

Puppettron
Gary

oh come on, they only put two

Post by Puppettron » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 pm

oh come on, they only put two creepy haunted things into the Dunwich building, why would they want to make somewhere else more haunted? :P

but a Hills Have Eyes quest thing would be cool.

JaxFirehart

The Hills Have Eyes is set in

Post by JaxFirehart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm

The Hills Have Eyes is set in the New Mexico desert... potential