I'm a huge fan of Fallout. While I love 1, 2, Tactics and New Vegas, Fallout 3 left a lot to be desired in the logic, open choice, canon and player agency departments. It isn't a bad game, it's just not a good Fallout game. I'd like to change that. Using TTW, I think I can tie together the loose strands from Tactics and Fallout 3 in a way that makes sense with the rest of the universe.
Below are the changes I'm making for my vision to be complete. Progress I've already made is in bold.
- Help an Old Olney refugee and her son find out what happened to the head of their family.
- Add farms to Big Town and Rivet City.
- Remove the children from Little Lamplight, replace with Vault 87 mutant guards. Make any unique items from there just be loot.
- Add a hospital run by a revival of the Children of the Cathedral to Canterbury Commons.
- Expand the interior of Vault 87.
- Enclave mutineers.
- Tag all Lyons' BoS members as "Lyons' Chapter" to differentiate from real Brotherhood (Mojave and Outcasts)
- Add a questline for Majove chapter/Outcast interaction.
- Mojave chapter of Brotherhood has disdain for Lyons' chapter, but affinity for Outcasts.
- Add an NPC to Bigtown that explains the story of Little Lamplight getting overrun by mutants and the founding of Bigtown.
- Add some Mariposa super mutants as leaders for the Vault 87 mutants.
- Various fixes to player dialog responses that are moronic.
- Reduce amount of karma for killing evil NPCs.
- No karma loss for killing the Family
- Karma gain for killing Roy Phillips and friends.
- Make NCR versions of the riot armor from Lonesome Road to equip NCR Rangers.
- Added Regulator combat armor.
- Change riot armor helmets from heavy to light armor. I know a lot of mods do this already but it won't hurt anything.
- Combine loot lists for Pitt raider, fiend and DC raider armor for maximum variety. Also add metal armor to the mix.
- Outfit Cook-Cook in reinforced metal armor with helmet to make him look more bad-ass.
- Custom armor for Motor-Runner.
- Rework power armor so it has bonuses and modifiers similar to Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics. Will use the following table which descends in order of baddassery:
Fallout 3 Enclave armor (renamed Chicago Armor)
Fallout 3 Enclave tesla armor (Tesla Chicago Armor)
Remnants Power Armor (Advanced Power Armor)
Tesla Remnants Power Armor (Tesla Advanced Power Armor)
- Give Lyons' Pride custom T-51b
Looking forward to any feedback!