Question about Unofficial Patches

General mod discussion and requests.
BelGarion

Question about Unofficial Patches

Post by BelGarion » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:15 am

So, if I read this right, the biggest problem with YUP (Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch) and Unofficial FO3 Patch is that they over write things that TTW needs and thus shouldn't be used. No one has done a merge patch that fixes these problems. Could I, instead, load those ESMs in between Zeta and TaleofTwoWastelands so that TTW 'wins' out in the overwrite war and thus it'll work? Or... ?

JaxFirehart

There is nothing wrong with

Post by JaxFirehart » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:20 am

There is nothing wrong with the unofficial patches and YuP

Mostly its Mission Mojave and New Vegas Error Corrections, both of which delete records that TTW needs. That deletion causes crashes if you put them before TTW, and causes TTW to malfunction badly if put after TTW.

BelGarion

Oh! As the FAQ said no

Post by BelGarion » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:36 am

Oh! As the FAQ said no Unofficial Patches so... >.< Let's see, Yukichiga will fix Vegas stuff, what should I use to fix DC stuff? The "Updated Unofficial FO3 Patch" looks like it has an exe installer. O.o

TJ

YUP is perfectly compatible

Post by TJ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 pm

YUP is perfectly compatible with TTW. UFO3P causes missing meshes, which I was in the processes of fixing when TTWEC went crazy and started breaking TTW and I pulled it. Need to get that fixed.

My project Dash is on Kickstarter!

Vault-Boy

Nice that Yup will work :D

Post by Vault-Boy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice that Yup will work :D

Can i also use NVEC Bugfixes (only the bugfixes and not the whole mod ofcourse) with Tale of Two Wastelands? Or will that give me problems?

And will UFO3P causes a lot of missing meshes?

yukichigai

Just an FYI, but YUP was

Post by yukichigai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 am

Just an FYI, but YUP was specifically designed to be as low impact and compatible as possible with a lot of mods, TTW included.  I've specifically omitted some changes as they would interfere with TTW's operation, for example.

Basically, YUP shouldn't cause any issues when run with TTW.  If you find that it does, it is not intentional; please let me know what the problem is so I can fix it.  So far though nobody has found any problems.

Oh, and as for the other unofficial patches:

MMUE - Modifes several records that TTW needs, merges some records together that will cause problems, and marks some legacy Fallout 3 content as deleted.  Definitely do not use MMUE with TTW.  MM x93 is fine.

NVEC - NVEC Reduce CTDs blanks out several old AI packages, idle markers, and other records that are used by TTW.  Consequently you cannot use it or the full NVEC package with TTW.  NVEC Bugfixes is safe to use.

Army_L

The FAQ page specifically

Post by Army_L » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:14 pm

The FAQ page specifically mentions NVEC Bugfixes as being a no-no: "DO NOT USE Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition (MMUE) or NVEC Bugfixes", although I have not experienced any problems myself. What was the reason for this warning, and does it still apply to v2.4?

TrickyVein

Yes, it still applies to 2.4.

Post by TrickyVein » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Yes, it still applies to 2.4. We're saying "use these at your own risk." If you don't think you're encountering any game-breaking bugs, fine, but you'll know first where to look when you do. 

There are many reasons, but one of them is that MMUE and/or NVEC both flag records for deletion in FalloutNV.esm; records that TaleofTwoWastelands.esm uses. 

DireWulvyn

Hiya All

Post by DireWulvyn » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 am

Hiya All

What about NVAC, the recent Anti Crash fix on the Nexus? Anybody using it?

Nice to find out about 'YUP', been trying to find the same info on it. Was looking at UOFO3 too.

THX

Stay young! Learn something new everyday, no matter what!

CDTalmas

NVAC works wonders.  It doesn

Post by CDTalmas » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 am

NVAC works wonders.  It doesn't modify the ESM's or ESP's in any way, which is why it fits right in and plays nice.  It catches various hangs and crashes and kinda redirects them to different code to bypass the effects.