Powered Power Armor & Immersive Power Armor

General mod discussion and requests.
ProfligateTREK

Powered Power Armor & Immersive Power Armor

Post by ProfligateTREK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Greetings friends

I'm 50 hours into my first playthrough of the DC wasteland and I want to add Immersive Power Armor to my modest load order. Once I heard the mod's AMAZING Power Armor footsteps I became obsessed with keeping them in my load order.

I tried making a patch for the two mods mentioned however it's beyond the scope of my FNVEdit skills. I can get the two mods running alongside without crashing however I'm getting some visual bugs. 

I am aware that there are separate patches at Immersive Power Armor's mod page (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61299/?) for PPA and TTW however I am not using Imp's "Powered Power Armor.esp" rather deadboy's "Powered Power Armor.esm" (https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/powered-power-armor-ttw-edition)

The first issue is that the power armor frame I step out looks like it was made for Ser Gregor Clegane (WAY too tall). My guess is that because both mods feature power armor scaling the result is: (see screenshots)

You'll notice that when I'm wearing PA I'm not taller than the door! The 

The second issue is that the Recon UnderArmor Helmet doesn't display its textures correctly on NPCs and the PC. The power armor frame has the right texture so I really don't understand why this is happening. 

Any help/advice would be appreciated :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RagnarGreyclaw

Re: Powered Power Armor & Immersive Power Armor

Post by RagnarGreyclaw » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm

Wish I could access the esm but it says I'm not authorized to view the page *rolls eyes in annoyance*

creakyjetrocket

Re: Powered Power Armor & Immersive Power Armor

Post by creakyjetrocket » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:10 pm

RagnarGreyclaw wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm
Wish I could access the esm but it says I'm not authorized to view the page *rolls eyes in annoyance*
That means the files are no longer compatible with current TTW versions and have been archived so they don't have people causing issues using known outdated mods.

That said, you should be able to use the original Powered Power Armor mod with TTW (I have before) - however it will have some issues:
1. There are no recharging stations anywhere in DC so any T-45's you use you would have to use fission batteries etc.
2. The vendors likely wouldn't have any of the available upgrades in the DC wasteland
3. Any of the Enclave power armor besides the remnants are not covered by the original mod so they won't have fusion packs and will behave just like a T-45 where you have to recharge it
4. Don't use ambient temperature - it won't work in DC anyways since there is no temperature data there afaik.

This is still one of my favorite PA mods and it makes using PA so much more fun. I have used it on prior TTW runs (the NV version) and other than the above issues it was fine.