Ragdolls and Bleed incompatible?

General mod discussion and requests.
Jmsborland97

Ragdolls and Bleed incompatible?

Post by Jmsborland97 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Does anyone know if BLEED and Ragdolls are incompatible, i'm not good with xEdit or I would check myself.
I know at one point they were incompatible, but I'm not sure if they still are, I've been using it for a while and everything seems normal.

Lyndi

Re: Ragdolls and Bleed incompatible?

Post by Lyndi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 am

EDIT: Had the wrong link. I don't think there is a patch for TTW Ragdolls and Bleed, you have to make it yourself.
Produces the programming equivalent of coffee stains.

Himself

Post by Himself » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:19 am

Lyndi wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 am
I don't think there is a patch for TTW Ragdolls and Bleed, you have to make it yourself.
Wait, You mean this doesn't work?? Cause I've it installed and was, you know, hoping it would xD
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods ... escription

Funny thing is that this patch is not listed/mentioned on either Bleed or Ragdolls pages, I luckily stumbled into it the other day.
And then now just discovered that TTW RWL - DCStreets.esp is for the mod Intro Street Bus and Alignment (why refer to it as DCStreets instead of the mod actual name? gets misleading), apparently another thing you're "supposed to know".

If I don't break my install due to my own stupidity, it will probably break due to lack of directions and proper guidance.
Oh the absence of a huge/detailed install guide like Kelmych did for FO3 and EssArrBee did for FNV (both completely deprecated now), those were the days.

EDIT - While we're at it, can somebody tell if its okay to use this with TTW: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68776
Because I'm adding Quickthrow/Head Tracking and maybe some other mods that seem to benefit from or require this mod, altough I'm unsure if it works with TTW.
It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than life.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:34 pm

That's it! I thought there was a patch released by someone but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting the link. :)

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:07 pm

The current Ragdolls TTW mod has a problem with certain mirelurks. Had to disable it in my play-through. It also twists some corpses into pretzels, but has the funny work-around that scans the cell for corpses as you enter, and de-pretzels the corpses. You can watch it work as you walk around. :lol:

So Ragdolls TTW needs a little more work before it's ready for the average player.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm

You need this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64968

That fixes the jacked up placed corpses.

The Mirelurk problem has to donwith the mirelurk hunters mesh. I don't recall how I fixed that problem right now, but it wasn't hard.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Thanks! If you remember how to fix the mirelurk issue, please let me know. I'd love to turn ragdolls back on.

Himself

Post by Himself » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Lyndi wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm
You need this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64968

That fixes the jacked up placed corpses.

The Mirelurk problem has to donwith the mirelurk hunters mesh. I don't recall how I fixed that problem right now, but it wasn't hard.
Yet another 2 "secret things" that would be solved (link to the mod and a quick tip on how to fix mesh issue - or even a patch made by some contributor) and easily found/accessed by everyone IF a TTW mod guide was put up.

It is unfair how many fairly up to date mod guides Skyrim has compared to FO3/NV/TTW (all have none?). Wish I had the disponibility and knowledge to put one up.
I hope modders realize that, over time, this puts away the average user. Above ^ games have become unfriendly to people who don't know how to mod/solve conflicts/fix stuff on their own.
It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than life.