mod to make f3 npcs not acknowledge stealing/bumping into stuff

General mod discussion and requests.
Bunslinger

mod to make f3 npcs not acknowledge stealing/bumping into stuff

Post by Bunslinger » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:20 pm

i never liked this in the original fallout 3 either: this thing where if your crosshair just barely grazes something that doesn't belong to you, even if you have no intention on interacting with it, some NPC nearby will be like "that's secure for a reason, don't get any ideas bub or there'll be trouble". this doesn't do much for stealth because the [HIDDEN] indicator works just fine, so if you DO intend to steal something, you'll be paying attention to that

additionally if you kick one of the many junk objects lying on the ground (because how could you not, there's so much of it, usually in the form of tin cans), npcs (including companions, which makes this extra annoying) will be like "watch what you're doing, be more careful", and they can say that every other minute or so, so it also gets really annoying

is there a mod to remove these acknowledgements?

jlf65

Re: mod to make f3 npcs not acknowledge stealing/bumping into stuff

Post by jlf65 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6605

You need to look through the release forum. Lots of good mods there.

Bunslinger

Post by Bunslinger » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:52 am

hm, must've missed it while skimming through there. regardless, i looked up a mod that did what i wanted for fallout 3 and just transferred the concept over to TTW, i figured it was fairly simple. i guess to anyone seeing this thread in the future and wants the same basic concept on the nexus, i'll link it here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67805

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm

I like that you made three different versions. Should cover just about everyone. Those who don't want stealing related comments, those who don't want messing things up comments, or both.