Ties That Bind Follower Mod Conversion

Mod releases and conversions for Legacy versions of TTW
DO NOT USE WITH TTW 3.2!
Dead

After several years of

Post by Dead » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:41 pm

After several years of extensive testing in my state-of-the-art research center, I have come to the conclusion that Loading the ties that bind esp before any other esp will case the sister to not spawn in the atritum.

Lyndi

Dead wrote:

Post by Lyndi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 am

[quote=Dead]

After several years of extensive testing in my state-of-the-art research center, I have come to the conclusion that Loading the ties that bind esp before any other esp will case the sister to not spawn in the atritum.

[/quote]

Not correct. I have twelve other mods plus a merge patch loading after Ties that Bind and haven't had any issue with her spawning. If you do have problems something else is causing them.

Dead

Well that's what fixed it for

Post by Dead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:17 am

Well that's what fixed it for me, and when I tried moving it up one from the bottom I experienced the same bug.

rockitten

seancdaug wrote:EDIT: After

Post by rockitten » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 am

[quote=seancdaug]EDIT: After uploading the previous ESP, I caught another script (an embedded quest script, this time) that wasn't forwarding changes from TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm. I've updated/recompiled the affected records and reuploaded the file.[/quote]

Give your modified exp a try. Compare with the origional esm, JIP/CC is working

However, the original voice dialogs now has no sound at all........

Darian Stephens

You're having problems with

Post by Darian Stephens » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 am

You're having problems with the audio because the file name is different. Rename the esp back to the original and it'll work again.

There's a folder inside 'Sound' with the name of the mod, and if it's named differently from the mod's plugin, it doesn't work properly.

Speaking of things working properly, I just spent hours tediously clicking away in the Geck to try and fix the insanely-fast lip sync. I deleted it all, and started from scratch. There's about 14 files missing, and that's because the corresponding audio file was missing as well. I was forced to spoil myself on everything in the mod, but I'm hoping my malfunctioning memory will serve me well this time and make me forget most of it.

There was also one sound file which was in stereo rather than mono, which the Geck didn't like for lip generation, so I stripped one channel and provided the file as well, because maybe it'll also help ingame somehow.

So, without further ado, I present you: Ties That Bind - Normal Lip Sync.

There should be practically no issues with permission, seeing as I generated my own lip files, so aside from the one audio clip (Which I can strip out if there are complaints), it's all my own content. Yes, it's based on their content, but the lip files use nothing from it.

Seeing as I was going through all the dialogue anyway, I decided to correct a few errors and inconsistencies. There are probably still a few, since I didn't listen to EVERY piece of dialogue whenever I generated a lip file, but I did listen to a few ones that seemed a bit odd, and then just at random sometimes.

The provided esp is completely optional, and should be merged in to the main one if you end up using it.

I understand why no one else did this for the mod, holy jebuz frigging chrimbo that was mind-numbing. It's too bad the Geck doesn't have a 'batch generate lip files' function, otherwise this would have been done in a minute. (And now I'm going to be told there is one and I wasted 7 hours of my life for pretty much no reason. I'll probably also be told that my lip files were corrupted half-way through or something as well, because nothing can just work, like that freaking Sonic Emitter animation... It's always broken in some way unless you get the mythical and fleeting perfect scenario.)

EDIT: Whelp, I found a corrupted file myself. Regenerating the affected file seems to have fixed it, but if anyone's game freezes while Amanda is talking, please let me know what she was trying to say so I can regenerate the file. Also, if you happen to have downloaded this within the few hours of me uploading it, please redownload.

Actually, it looks like the file was completely missing from the download for some reason. Did I miss it? Weird...

rockitten

seancdaug wrote:

Post by rockitten » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 am

[quote=seancdaug]

Here's one more probably extremely minor change I've made to the ESP. Amanda hadn't been assigned to New Vegas's DontTazeMeBroFaction faction. This would have led to her slaughter at the hands of the Securitrons guarding the gate to the Strip if anyone had decided to cross into the FNV worldspace with her in tow.

That's literally the only change with this version, so if it's not likely to apply to your game, you can probably pass on the upgrade. But here it is if anyone wants it. As Darian mentioned above, if you download it here, the filename will most likely be tiesthatbind_0.esp or something along those lines. That's just something the forums do with file attachments, and it's not something I can prevent on my end. You'll probably want to rename it to tiesthatbind.esp so it doesn't break the voice clips.

[/quote]

Thanks mate. By the way, your new file required the file TTW reputations as masters

Last time I check it, the file is for older version of TTW.... Do we still need that file?

Darian Stephens

I see why TTW_Reputation was

Post by Darian Stephens » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I see why TTW_Reputation was a master; because I had my custom version of TiesThatBind.esp loaded which I carried TTW_Reputation's changes into.

It looks like I totally blanked on FNVEdit cleaning this thing, since it's got all the normal Geck ITM worldspace entries in it as well.

I also lost a few dialogue fixes due to a power outage part-way through generating the lip files. I think one of them was removing the errant apostrophe in We' (whatever the rest of the dialogue was), but I'm not going through it all again just to find it, at least not so soon.

Anyway, I've cleaned it out a bit. There is one dialogue ITM; I think that's because I changed it but reverted once I listened to the voice clip or something. There's not much point to leaving it, but it won't hurt either. You can redownload if you want.

Spasticon

Hey if anyone's interested, I

Post by Spasticon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Hey if anyone's interested, I've made a small patch for the TTW version of Ties that Bind and the New Vegas version of zzjay's Megaton Hairs. I made it after being frustrated by the fact that loading either after the other overrides the other one's hairstyle(s). I also slightly altered her face. Nothing major, just made is thinner, and made her eye-color blue. This is minor, and the real credit goes to thefourwings and zzjay sense they're mods a really nice, all I did was make they're mods work together. I don't think this breaches the permission stuff, sense both authors don't mind patches made for their mods, but if I am, please let me know.

You need the TTW version of Ties That Bind of course, but you also need Megaton Hairs. Here's a link to it.

Link:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62744

[collapsed title=Pic]  [/collapsed] 

alienxing

Re: Ties That Bind Follower Mod Conversion

Post by alienxing » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:34 am

It seems that the mod link didn't make the transition. :cry: I'll wait.

Shailo

Re: Ties That Bind Follower Mod Conversion

Post by Shailo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:59 pm

OMG where is the mod?