Missing meshes in FO3

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
judson18961

Missing meshes in FO3

Post by judson18961 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:50 pm

I'm playing through ttw I'm on Agatha's song. Inside Vault-Tec HQ I'm getting red diamonds where the system consoles are supposed to be. According to console it's terminals\customvaulttechterminaldeska.nif. I've reinstalled ttw, remade my ttw.rar mod and installed. If i don't unpack bsa files I have missing meshes all over, when I unpack, so far these are the only missing I've noticed. Also, when unpacking bsa files, I get a message on one (not sure which) saying it's broken/missing meshes. I'm not sure how, or if, I can get these meshes and manually inject them?

Laclongquan

Re: Missing meshes in FO3

Post by Laclongquan » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 am

Did you install ttw correctly in the first place? Your situation sound like a broken install in 1st place.

Ican, with personal experienxe, assure you that not follow the guide to install would bring all sort of trouble.
__
And if you mean f3 vanilla, yours still sound broken. I used the f3 install according to the guide and no problem at all.

And before you ask, no i dont unpack bsa at all.

judson18961

Post by judson18961 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:40 pm

I've not had a problem with any previous installs of ttw, but i'll look at what you said and see if i can get different results

judson18961

Post by judson18961 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:09 am

Laclongquan wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 am
Did you install ttw correctly in the first place? Your situation sound like a broken install in 1st place.

Ican, with personal experienxe, assure you that not follow the guide to install would bring all sort of trouble.
__
And if you mean f3 vanilla, yours still sound broken. I used the f3 install according to the guide and no problem at all.

And before you ask, no i dont unpack bsa at all.
Apparently my FO3 is broken. I just completely wiped it from my drive, downloaded all new from steam, followed the instructions EXACTLY and i still have missing .nif from fallout3.esm.

judson18961

Post by judson18961 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:20 am

I figured it out. Apparently TTW Animated Wasteland was causing some conflict. I'd found another red diamond on top a building in DC wasteland that was tagged AAW.esp. When i went to mo2 and looked at plugins, I saw what it was, disabled the mod and everything is working ok now