Billy Creel has wrong pistol/missing mesh

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
dankdoc

Billy Creel has wrong pistol/missing mesh

Post by dankdoc » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:59 pm

I have a new install of 3.2.2 and some other mesh and texture mods, but the only problem I've had is Billy Creel. He has the missing object exclamation mark. After some trouble shooting including killing him and looting his body he has a ".44 pistol" and not a .44 magnum. The pistol has no mesh, texture or sound. It uses .44 ammo but has the 10mm pistol reload animation and had mod slots for a 10mm laser sight and extended mags (Not sure if this is part of the error or they are what loads by default.) Not game breaking but still annoying, any help would be appreciated.

jlf65

Re: Billy Creel has wrong pistol/missing mesh

Post by jlf65 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 am

dankdoc wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:59 pm
I have a new install of 3.2.2 and some other mesh and texture mods, but the only problem I've had is Billy Creel. He has the missing object exclamation mark. After some trouble shooting including killing him and looting his body he has a ".44 pistol" and not a .44 magnum. The pistol has no mesh, texture or sound. It uses .44 ammo but has the 10mm pistol reload animation and had mod slots for a 10mm laser sight and extended mags (Not sure if this is part of the error or they are what loads by default.) Not game breaking but still annoying, any help would be appreciated.
And you can't see the source of the problem? Really? :?

Disable those other "mesh and texture mods" until you figure out which is causing the problem.

dankdoc

Post by dankdoc » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:29 am

Thanks for the advice. I was able to figure out that a patch didn't replace the files it needed to.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:16 am

dankdoc wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:29 am
Thanks for the advice. I was able to figure out that a patch didn't replace the files it needed to.
Sorry about the snark. It was one of those days... happy you figured it out. Which mod was it specifically in case someone else runs into the same thing? The only thing better than people figuring out what's wrong is them then telling others how to fix it as well. :D

dankdoc

Post by dankdoc » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:38 pm

It was a TTW x Project Nevada standalone patch, hence the pistol being renamed. But I either installed in the wrong order or something else went wrong and it didn't over write it. Now I haven't run into any issues.