Game-breaking bug from nowhere

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Kriegerseele

Game-breaking bug from nowhere

Post by Kriegerseele » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 am

Hey there,

i experience a really game-breaking bug and i don´t know, what causes it.
It´s some kind of weird cell loading problem, where big parts of the world, like roads, water surfaces and/or mountains just aren´t properly loaded.
Mostly this occurs, when i enter a new worldspace (say for instance leaving Megaton) or when i´m
fast travelling...it´s not always happening, but it´s easy reproduceable. Could this be because of an old safe file or some Backup folders in the data dir?

No mods are installed, neither do i think that the loadorder is the culprit. I´ve got the latest
JIP LN plugin and NVSE is also uptodate. Steam overlay is off, no ENB installed...Could use some serious help here...

Thanks in advance

jlf65

Re: Game-breaking bug from nowhere

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:26 am

Sounds like it's not finding some of the important BSA, which could be an ini file issue. What mod manager are you using? After installing TTW, you might need to copy the modified ini files from your user docs folder to a folder inside the mod manager. That's the case with Mod Organizer 2 - you need those modified ini files in the profile you're using with MO2. That exact thing happened to me, and that's how I cured it.

If the ini files aren't modified, the modifications needed are listed in the FAQ.

Kriegerseele

Post by Kriegerseele » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey, thanks for replying. I use Nexus Mod Manager but i´m unsure, where to put these ini files inside the managers dir..
Inis seem to be modified correctly.

Kriegerseele

Post by Kriegerseele » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Ok, i´ve tried what you suggested, but it doesn´t work. Putting the INI files into the NMM profile dir has no effect at all.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:30 pm

No idea how NMM works... I use MO2. You'd need to find where NMM keeps its ini files and overwrite them with the modified ini files. Or it could be that NMM doesn't keep ini files for each profile and your base ini files didn't get modified. Check the ini files against what's in the FAQ to see that they have been properly modified in the first place. I'd also recommend moving to MO2. It's better than NMM, and since most people here use it, it makes it easier to get help. The help you get here with NMM is "move to MO2". :D

faq#INISettings

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:09 am

Unfortunately I can't help with NMM. We really recommend not to use NMM with TTW because it's known to cause problems with TTW and other large mods. :(

The problems are caused by NMM and not the mods, so there's nothing we can do to fix these. :o
Signature:

Kriegerseele

Post by Kriegerseele » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Sorry, but this bug is definitely not NMM-specific, as i unistalled it completely and did a fresh reinstallation of NV plus TTW, but now with MO2- following all instructions by GamerPoet. Problem persists. Copied all INIs into my MO2 profile folder like jlf65 suggested and let it overwrite all files. Problem still persists..something went terrible wrong here...i´m really pissed off right now...

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Did you check the FalloutCustom.ini file against the FAQ? Did the executable get successfully patched so that it autoruns NVSE? You might try rerunning the 4G patcher to make sure.

Kriegerseele

Post by Kriegerseele » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Yes, i´ve double-checked the custom INI, everything looks exactly like it should. I will try to patch the .exe again, but i guess, this won´t solve the problem..

Kriegerseele

Post by Kriegerseele » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 am

So, NVSE is definitely loading..no issue with that. I really don´t know what else i can do... maybe turn off my antivirus or MSI Afterburner?
Thing is, the game loads everything correctly until i start to quickly switch between locations- too often.This is so damn annoying..
Any suggestions?