Having trouble launching Tale of Two Wastelands after install

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
ReDStrukk

Having trouble launching Tale of Two Wastelands after install

Post by ReDStrukk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:51 pm

I followed GamerPoets tutorial on installing TTW and have done everything he has said to do, but when I launch New Vegas through any of the three method he showed I get various errors.

When I launch the game through either the FalloutNV.exe or the FalloutNVLauncher.exe the game will load into vanilla Fallout New Vegas.

When I use MO2 to launch Tale of Two Wastelands I'll load up the game, but it will crash during the loading screen (when the courier is walking toward the strip).

I've checked the FAQ which said "if you did not have the Mod Configuration Menu active, this would be a problem. Most often, these will be at the bottom of "\main\Hud_Main_Menu.xml" or "\options\Start_Menu.xml", but they could be any. User Interface Organizer may help automatically clean these orphaned references." I downloaded User Interface Organizer and installed it to MO2 but this didn't seem to have any effect. I'm not sure where I can find the 2 files included in the above quote.

What exactly should I be doing after following GamerPoets guide? I'm not sure what I need to do to properly launch TTW after everything has been installed. Thanks in advance!

jlf65

Re: Having trouble launching Tale of Two Wastelands after install

Post by jlf65 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:01 pm

What mod manager are you using? Also, please post your mod load order, OS, and what non-mods you installed (like NVAC, NVSR, etc). It takes a bit of info to figure out the problem, so the more info you provide, the easier it will be.

CrippledWanderer

Post by CrippledWanderer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 pm

I am having a similar issue to OP. I'll start the game using FalloutNV.exe or nvse_loader.exe (seems to make no difference). Then, I'll go into vanilla FNV with no option to start in F03 and no mention of TTW. All the FNV DLC/items will load.

I am using MO2 on Win 8.1. Load order:
TTW
TTW 3.2.2
NVSR
JIP LN NVSE Plugin

Load order for DLC's:
FalloutNV
DeadMoney
HonestHearts
OldWorldBlues
LonesomeRoad
GunRunnersArsenal
Fallout3
Anchorage
ThePitt
BrokenSteel
PointLookout
Zeta
CaravanPack
MercenaryPack
TribalPack
TaleofTwoWastelands
YUPTTW

Following another thread, I modified the SCharGenQuest variable in .ini files, but now the game does nothing when I hit New Game. Does not freeze, just nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:41 am

The quest var in the ini doesn't need to be changed as that's now handled via nvse/jipln. Make sure jipln is the latest. There should also be a FallouCustom.ini file with the other ini files that is loaded via nvse/jipln.

CrippledWanderer

Post by CrippledWanderer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 am

I'm 95% sure I have the latest JIP LN. How can I verify? And I do have a FalloutCustom.ini file in MO2 and FalloutNV folder in MyGames.

I made a reddit post with some more info.: https://www.reddit.com/r/Taleoftwowaste ... th_ttwmo2/

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Could be a bad setting in NVSR. I know that it needs different settings for new Intel vs old Intel vs AMD. Try turning off NVSR and see if it works. If it does, check into the settings based on what CPU you use. Another thing to try is launching the game via NVSE instead of the TTW launch setting like you have it now. That didn't work for me for some reason, but launching via NVSE works fine for me. The special patcher that runs as part of the TTW install is supposed to make the game 4GB and auto-start NVSE. While it DID make it 4GB for me, it did not make it auto-start NVSE.

CrippledWanderer

Post by CrippledWanderer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:41 pm

I did a clean install yesterday. Clean FO3, FNV, and TTW installs as well as MO2. I have installed up to 3.2 only and got the latest JIP LN. I have not installed NVSR.

I tried your suggestion of running via NVSE and it launches the game, but only to vanilla FNV. It will launch directly into the in-game main menu were you can continue or start a new game. New Game: I wake up in Doc Mitchell's.

MO2 will attempt to run the game, but no game session is ever started that I can tell.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 pm

The pic you posted show you using NVSR. If you switch to NVSE launching, you'll have to enable and order all the TTW esms.

CrippledWanderer

Post by CrippledWanderer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:26 pm

The esms are in the correct order in the plugins tab on MO2. If I hover my mouse on the esms, they say "This plugin can't be disabled, enforced by game."

And yes, I was using NVSR, but decided to perform a clean install because I was messing with the files too much. But the result is the same. No action after hitting the Run button and the "locked while executing" message.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:29 pm

In NVSE launch mode, you have to enable the esms yourself. TTW mode supposedly does that for you, but TTW mode doesn't work for me, and it might not be working for you.