Okay, this is an SOS =P

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Himself

Re: Okay, this is an SOS =P

Post by Himself » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:17 pm

GreyBeard00 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:03 am
Maybe 4GB fix isn't loading? Try getislaa from console, should be 2.
Are you running from FalloutNV.exe? TTW patches exe to autoload NVSE.
getislaa returned a 2.0000
I did already run from FalloutNV.exe, FalloutNVLauncher, MO2, nvse_loader, currently using FOMM as it is the fastest to load plugins in correct order and no need of ini edits (since I'm using just base TTW anyways).
FiftyTifty wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:10 am
What happens if you disable Ryzen's auto overclocking? And what about assigning FalloutNV.exe to a single CCX?
I disabled the frequency boost in BIOS, and also did all the BIOS updates available.
Dunno if it is just first impression or what, but things appear to be better, freeze still happens, but this time I had to "hunt" a bit for it.

Gonna test more this weekend, as time allows.
Last edited by Himself on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than life.

Himself

Post by Himself » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Ryzen has multiple CCX units, which are individual core clusters. Games that don't heavily use more than the number of threads present on one CCX, should be assigned to a single CCX. You can do this with Process Lasso.
Might try that as well! Thanks for the help!! =)

GreyBeard00

Post by GreyBeard00 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 am

Do you have integrated graphics? If so, maybe disable in BIOS. Just a thought.

GreyBeard00

Post by GreyBeard00 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:49 am

Re download latest JIPLN, same with NVAC.
Don't install these via MO2, rather install in base game data\nvse\plugins directly.
Make sure you have the correct NVSE (this one: nvse_5_1_beta4.7z), not the new test version.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:13 am

BTW, this is how I dedicate an exe to a certain CCX, right?

https://ibb.co/18Mwftg

what should I do if I use a 144 hz monitor?
Game flickers with that.

GreyBeard00

Post by GreyBeard00 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Nevermind the nvse comment, TTW ships with the correct nvse.
Test nvse at console getnvseversion should answer: NVSE version:5

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 am

idmfan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:13 am

Game flickers with that.

Assign FalloutNV.exe to your last 8 threads. I'd actually recommend disabling SMT, as it can cause major stutter with New Vegas. A user had that problem with an older i7, and disabling Hyperthreading fixed it.

So disable SMT, go to FalloutCustom.ini, set the following entry: iNumHWThreads=4, and have Process Lasso assign FalloutNV.exe to cores 3, 4, 5, and 6.

idmfan

Post by idmfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 am

FiftyTifty wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 am
idmfan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:13 am

Game flickers with that.

Assign FalloutNV.exe to your last 8 threads. I'd actually recommend disabling SMT, as it can cause major stutter with New Vegas. A user had that problem with an older i7, and disabling Hyperthreading fixed it.

So disable SMT, go to FalloutCustom.ini, set the following entry: iNumHWThreads=4, and have Process Lasso assign FalloutNV.exe to cores 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Thank you so much, will re-install TTW later and follow your advise.
As for DoW1 soulstorm, I will make it to use 0-1 ccx as it only recognizes 1 core.

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm

idmfan wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 am

Thank you so much, will re-install TTW later and follow your advise.
As for DoW1 soulstorm, I will make it to use 0-1 ccx as it only recognizes 1 core.
Why? Assign it to the second CCX. Many programs and processes will use the earliest cores first, so assign it to the last core on your last CCX. With SMT disabled, that would be CPU 7. With SMT enabled, that would be CPU 14.

Himself

Post by Himself » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:35 am

Do you have integrated graphics? If so, maybe disable in BIOS. Just a thought.
No, Ryzen 1st gen needs a dedicated graphic card.
Re download latest JIPLN, same with NVAC.
Don't install these via MO2, rather install in base game data\nvse\plugins directly.
Make sure you have the correct NVSE (this one: nvse_5_1_beta4.7z), not the new test version.
Haven't been using MO2 for a while, it takes longer to set up quick test profiles (ini setups and I've been testing in different partitions, even went to trouble of installing win7 at one), would rather just do all manually but need FOMM for load order.
NVAC, Tickfix, NVSR and even others I forget, already tried these all and even tested each single value for those that come with an ini.
Tried the Process Lasso, interesting program!
First with just disable SMT, then assigning to 4 cores and then to 1 (ini edits as necessary).
https://ibb.co/M2yvW1b
https://ibb.co/D16n336
(While trying with 1 core, dunno if bUseThreadedAI should be set at 0 or 1, tested with both values)
Also tried to take out a memory stick leaving a single 8GB one.
While I was in the BIOS, noticed the SMT mode, Global C-state, Opcache Control, some other stuff, all in automatic or enabled. Thought "What the heck, since I'm already here..." And tested all of those in disabled too, just for f***sakes.

Also tried disabling sound and installing the game to a win10 recent (with mostly basic drivers) partition, outside of the SSD.

Every trial gives the freeze pretty consistently: I can reproduce it without much trouble, specially when using high res textures.
However, the TTW installed on recent win10 was quite playable, even after throwing the heavy textures! It was there that I got the first major clue (so far).
Continues in next post... :D