Voice Out of Synch

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
KeltecRFB

Voice Out of Synch

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:34 am

Heya TTW Team!

The characters voice in my game seem to be out of synch like those Old Chinese translated to English movies that all, most, or some of us love. Did I make a mistake installing or patching TTW?

In addition, I get little stutters not like if NVSR was not installed after making the setting adjustments presented in the video but every once in a while. Is it because it is AMD Threadripper 1950X CPU and NVIDIA 2070 Video card which doesn't play Star Citizen optimally or should I install the NVSR for Windows 10 instead of 4.x?

Great work like always!

~Keltec

"TTW is the Fallout version of The One Ring. The One Ring to rule them all."

"Si vis pacem, para bellum!"

My new favorite, the IWI TC-21 Tavor

rweizer

Re: Voice Out of Synch

Post by rweizer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:40 am

maybe try NVTF (New Vegas Tick Fix) instead of NVSR

KeltecRFB

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:49 am

Thanks for the advise, I'll try it out.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:41 pm

I don't know if it related or not, but in my install of TTW3 (everything English), the lips go much faster than the dialogue. For very short sentences, you almost don't notice, but when they have a bit of dialogue, the lips finish well before the speaking part.

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Lip sync problems in Bethesda games that I've run into have always been solved by locking the framerate at 60 fps. Letting my fps float did horrible things to lip sync when I first updated to 3.2. Running with a high fps usually also breaks physics in Bethesda games though I tend to see that more in Skyrim.

KeltecRFB

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Thank You rweizer, it looks like NV Tick has reduced the micro stutter a lot!

@Lyndi - I will have to see about reducing my FPS to 60. Thank you for that suggestion as well!

FiftyTifty

Post by FiftyTifty » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:35 pm

The game fucks up past 60fps. Limit it to 58 for optimal experience. For Ryzen CPUs, assign FalloutNV.exe to a single CCX.

KeltecRFB

Post by KeltecRFB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I couldn't find a FPS configuration settings in NVIDIA Experience or Console for FNV, so I adjusted the ENBLOCAL.ini to enablevsync=true and seems to be working so far. I can not adjust the global settings since Star Citizen needs full optimization in its current state.

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Lyndi wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:52 pm
Lip sync problems in Bethesda games that I've run into have always been solved by locking the framerate at 60 fps. Letting my fps float did horrible things to lip sync when I first updated to 3.2. Running with a high fps usually also breaks physics in Bethesda games though I tend to see that more in Skyrim.
Oh! Yeah, that's probably it. The frame rate in dialogue sections shows over 100 FPS. I thought I was locking the frame rate, but clearly I'm not.

EDIT: Yeah, that was my problem. Somehow, the nvidia vsync got turned off. Switched it back to adaptive and everything is peachy. Not sure how it got switched off in the first place. I ALWAYS set it to adaptive. :?

Lyndi

Post by Lyndi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Bethesda games have always been sensitive to framerate. FO4 is probably the worst of the bunch. An excessively high fps in that game can result in all kinds of weirdness like the player moving extremely quickly, the lockpicking mini-game completely breaking, and cars bouncing into space.