Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Sarelvun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by Sarelvun » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:38 pm

At the end of Take It Back! after the final cutscene, the game resumes where I left off- laying on the floor motionless, my companion staring at me through the window acting as if all were normal.
I tried waiting a long while, there were explosions, but a while later nothing had changed. I tried loading back, same thing; and restarting the game, same thing.
I haven't read anything about it in the changelogs for the updates, and I can't update for some reason (though I may have it up to date; I'm not sure how to check). Any suggestions before my Lone Wanderer has to share the fate of all those before Broken Steel released?

*** The problem was using a custom race! :D Just needed this patch: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6561
Last edited by Sarelvun on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UsagiPyon
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by UsagiPyon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:05 am

Sarelvun wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:38 pm
At the end of Take It Back! after the final cutscene, the game resumes where I left off- laying on the floor motionless, my companion staring at me through the window acting as if all were normal.
I tried waiting a long while, there were explosions, but a while later nothing had changed. I tried loading back, same thing; and restarting the game, same thing.
I haven't read anything about it in the changelogs for the updates, and I can't update for some reason (though I may have it up to date; I'm not sure how to check). Any suggestions before my Lone Wanderer has to share the fate of all those before Broken Steel released?

If you just use the TTW installer it is not up to date and it was clearly labelled as 3.2 installer (unless you get it from some shady place :lol: ). You still have to patch it with the 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 incremental updates.
SpoilerShow
Image
Also you should have these inside your Fallout New Vegas folder:
Image

Sarelvun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by Sarelvun » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:25 pm

I found the changelogs, so it should be up to date. We just have to figure out how to fix the glitch.

UsagiPyon
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by UsagiPyon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Sarelvun wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:25 pm
I found the changelogs, so it should be up to date. We just have to figure out how to fix the glitch.
Are you using any other mods? If so, post your load order so others may identify the problem.
Also check the incompatible mod list: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6878

I have played only up until "Tranquility Lane", anchorage, point lookout and then AWOP FO3 + NV to it's entirety. Too lazy to rush to your point and check as main quests bores me :oops:

Sarelvun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by Sarelvun » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Load Order. I'd use a facepalm Smilie, but I don't see one. Why didn't I think of that?
SpoilerShow
# Automatically generated by Vortex
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm
TTWInteriors_Core.esm
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
NVWillow.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
jokristinasclosetFO3.esm
ACNV.esm
IntimacyOverhaul_v1.0.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
NosCo Companion System.esm
MeetTheCouriersandWanderers1.0.esp
TTWInt_FollowerGoHome.esm
NCCS Nos' Premade Companions.esm
F3UmpaAnimation.esp
ACNV.esp
JokerineUsableFurniture-TTW.esp
Stimpack The Eyebot.esp
ARESproject.esp
IntimacyOverhaul TTW Patch.esp
FuckableCompanions_TTW.esp
Courier Vests.esp
MikeBurnFire_Companions.esp
Delay DLC - TTW.esp
VincentVincent.esp
3DNPC_HopeLies.esp
Power Armor Stats Overhaul v1.3.esp
The Groovatron NV.esp
Pose Collection.esp
backsteppoposes.esp
Faster Terminals.esp
FewPosesMore NVedition.esp
LootMenu.esp
FuckableCompanions.esp
Fallout3PowerArmorSize - DLC.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
T6M Lingerie NV.esp
Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp
TTW_PNxEO.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
FNV Vanilla hat fix with all storyline DLCs.esp
RadiiHairFix.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Bunnygirl Outfit NV.esp
HZSmoothLight.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
TTW_PNxC.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
DYNAVISION 3.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
HairPatcher.esp
zzjayHairsFNV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Power Armor Training Perk.esp
TTW - Bottle That Water.esp
IntimacyOverhaul Willow Patch.esp
IntimacyOverhaul CouriersTTW Patch.esp
T6M Under Wear.esp
GomorrahProstituteEnable.esp
SariDPosesNV.esp
MCPipBoy2000MK6.esp
NVLadyoutfit1.esp
NHKKnitAndSkirt.esp
IntimacyOverhaul FuckableTTW Patch.esp
Weapon Retexture Project.esp
IntimacyOverhaul AndreaAres Patch.esp
WRP - TTW.esp
DK Caucasians.esp
Mannequin Rce.esp
T6M Jeans Outfit.esp
T4-plugin-TTW.esp
josposesNV.esp
The Groovatron.esp
T4-plugin.esp
FewPosesMore.esp
Realism Poses.esp
joposes.esp
PinupPoses.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
TranquilityFix.esp
Wild Wasteland Integration.esp
PowerArmorSize.esp
TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting.esp
TTW RWL - Black and White TranquilityLane.esp
TTW RWL - Brighter Nights.esp
TTW RWL - DCStreet.esp
TTW RWL - No Overcast Weather.esp
(Hope the spoiler worked) I've read the incompatible mods list several times, and I don't think I have any but two. It says F***able Companions is incompatible, but the mod page says it's fine, and based on what the IM list says it wouldn't be my problem anyway, I think. As for Project Nevada, I've only ever used the core module, which it says is compatible (unless the DLC patches don't count).
I see a few mods now that I don't use, but I don't wanna risk breaking my game (assuming I can continue) just to get rid of some clothes I don't use or whatever.
What do you think?

UsagiPyon
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by UsagiPyon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Sarelvun wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:43 pm
Load Order. I'd use a facepalm Smilie, but I don't see one. Why didn't I think of that?
SpoilerShow
# Automatically generated by Vortex
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm
TTWInteriors_Core.esm
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
NVWillow.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
jokristinasclosetFO3.esm
ACNV.esm
IntimacyOverhaul_v1.0.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
NosCo Companion System.esm
MeetTheCouriersandWanderers1.0.esp
TTWInt_FollowerGoHome.esm
NCCS Nos' Premade Companions.esm
F3UmpaAnimation.esp
ACNV.esp
JokerineUsableFurniture-TTW.esp
Stimpack The Eyebot.esp
ARESproject.esp
IntimacyOverhaul TTW Patch.esp
FuckableCompanions_TTW.esp
Courier Vests.esp
MikeBurnFire_Companions.esp
Delay DLC - TTW.esp
VincentVincent.esp
3DNPC_HopeLies.esp
Power Armor Stats Overhaul v1.3.esp
The Groovatron NV.esp
Pose Collection.esp
backsteppoposes.esp
Faster Terminals.esp
FewPosesMore NVedition.esp
LootMenu.esp
FuckableCompanions.esp
Fallout3PowerArmorSize - DLC.esp
DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
T6M Lingerie NV.esp
Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp
TTW_PNxEO.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
FNV Vanilla hat fix with all storyline DLCs.esp
RadiiHairFix.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Bunnygirl Outfit NV.esp
HZSmoothLight.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
TTW_PNxC.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
DYNAVISION 3.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
HairPatcher.esp
zzjayHairsFNV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Power Armor Training Perk.esp
TTW - Bottle That Water.esp
IntimacyOverhaul Willow Patch.esp
IntimacyOverhaul CouriersTTW Patch.esp
T6M Under Wear.esp
GomorrahProstituteEnable.esp
SariDPosesNV.esp
MCPipBoy2000MK6.esp
NVLadyoutfit1.esp
NHKKnitAndSkirt.esp
IntimacyOverhaul FuckableTTW Patch.esp
Weapon Retexture Project.esp
IntimacyOverhaul AndreaAres Patch.esp
WRP - TTW.esp
DK Caucasians.esp
Mannequin Rce.esp
T6M Jeans Outfit.esp
T4-plugin-TTW.esp
josposesNV.esp
The Groovatron.esp
T4-plugin.esp
FewPosesMore.esp
Realism Poses.esp
joposes.esp
PinupPoses.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
TranquilityFix.esp
Wild Wasteland Integration.esp
PowerArmorSize.esp
TTW Realistic Wasteland Lighting.esp
TTW RWL - Black and White TranquilityLane.esp
TTW RWL - Brighter Nights.esp
TTW RWL - DCStreet.esp
TTW RWL - No Overcast Weather.esp
(Hope the spoiler worked) I've read the incompatible mods list several times, and I don't think I have any but two. It says F***able Companions is incompatible, but the mod page says it's fine, and based on what the IM list says it wouldn't be my problem anyway, I think. As for Project Nevada, I've only ever used the core module, which it says is compatible (unless the DLC patches don't count).
I see a few mods now that I don't use, but I don't wanna risk breaking my game (assuming I can continue) just to get rid of some clothes I don't use or whatever.
What do you think?
The list serves as a base. For example,
#45.Leave conversation - This mod force closes dialogues which breaks scripts and dialogue choices can become locked out, breaks the game
So you can use the description to check for any mods that uses the same structure and avoid using them.

I just saw the debate between the F companion mod author and Roy on nexus. How far have they tested it no one knows but now you are having trouble. I doubt they tested all the way to NV end since they also mentioned that they need feedback too. Alot of people were also stubbornly still using 2.9.x TTW, so their comments on nexus don't warrant to anything.

Imo, drop Vortex and NMM. Both were trash tier mod managers for older games like FNV. Backup your save and start removing mods one by one to find the culprit. Clothing mods should not be any problem. How did you bring willow, hope lies and andrea over to DC? If you use CoC command even once to teleport between wastelands your game is broken.

Sarelvun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by Sarelvun » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:48 pm

I didn't bring any of the NV companions to DC, I had them installed just in case I brought my character over to NV (which lately I've been considering not doing). As far as I know, from what I've read in general about about specific mods, ones like that shouldn't cause problems.

As for your words about Vortex, maybe I'm being blind here, but I already have to use like 2 different mod managers each with their own different ways of doing things for Oblivion, and both Vortex and FMM for NV; I'd really rather not start changed MMs again. If I absolutely have to, of course I will; but Vortex has treated me well so far with every game I've used it on (of course there've been problems, but no more than any other MM I've used).

As a side note, I haven't even been to NV once since I installed it besides starting a game there to make sure it existed. After that, I deleted the save, started a new game, and have stayed in DC. And I don't have many mods that modify DC besides TTW Interiors.
I honestly doubt F Companions would be the culprit of this problem, but of course I don't know for sure.

I'll backup my saves and try what you suggested though, starting with FCom.

UsagiPyon
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by UsagiPyon » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:15 pm

The CoC comment was just a casual question. I too have no Idea whether your issue was caused by a mod or a bug in vanilla load order since I have already mentioned that I did not played up to your point to check. What I commented were just SOP of mine when modding.

"A mod made for FNV does not necessarily mean that it will be compatible for TTW" or something along the line. I have forgotten who posted that :lol:
Both andrea and willow were heavily scripted companions and I would not be surprised that they break something.

Anyway, good luck on the process of elimination or hope that someone more experienced can pinpoint from you LO.

Sarelvun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by Sarelvun » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Thanks for your help so far. I'm working my way through starting with the biggest mods. Hopefully I can find a fix so I can keep playing and anyone else with this problem can keep going.

User avatar
jlf65
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: Fallout 3 Ending/Take It Back! Glitch - Can't continue

Post by jlf65 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:49 pm

You have at least a couple mods in the list with FO3 in the name. Have they been converted for TTW3? TTW 2.x mods can break 3.x.

Post Reply