Doc Mitchel house bug

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
MachSCGA

Doc Mitchel house bug

Post by MachSCGA » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 pm

I traveled to New Vegas from the Capitol Wasteland for the first time. The movie played as normal, then I woke up in Doc Mitchel's house as per normal. when we went through the routine he asked my name and I would have been allowed to change it If I wanted. (not sure if that's normal). Then we went over to the vigormatic for S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and I was not able to change my S.P.E.C.I.A.L., I diddn't want to change them but not sure if it is behaving normal. I pressed "E" on the Vigormatic and then that's when things got glitchy... He said that he would "see me out", he took the long way to his front door aroung the counseling chouch we would use for tag skills and went straight to the front door to see me out, with no ink blot test. when he got to the front door he asked me "to sit down" (to take the ink blot test). and he was basically frozen and stuck in a loop, trying to talk to him agian he just asks me to sit down except unlike the first time we don't enter conversation mode he just says it without entering conversation mode.... I pushed him over to the chouch and sat down my self like he asked me to and nothing new he keeps asking me to sit down.

I cant leave his house his door is not active... and he still has my gear from the FO3 portion of TTW.

RoyBatty

Re: Doc Mitchel house bug

Post by RoyBatty » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 pm

You have a mod messing with the startup quest for NV, find what it is and remove it.

MachSCGA

Post by MachSCGA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 am

i did a whole bunch of testing, removed all mods in the load order of the mod manager and the bug is still there even if I go to a slightly older save I can't get out of the Doc's house

MachSCGA

Post by MachSCGA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:56 am

Maby I will play more FO3 TTW and come back to the train station later... in this play through (first time back to FO in years) I have had loading issues and bugs that broke the game like this but loaded an older save did some other quests and came back later maby I will try that.... But If some one knows exactly what is happening it would be helpful

UsagiPyon

Post by UsagiPyon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:46 am

MachSCGA wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:56 am
Maby I will play more FO3 TTW and come back to the train station later... in this play through (first time back to FO in years) I have had loading issues and bugs that broke the game like this but loaded an older save did some other quests and came back later maby I will try that.... But If some one knows exactly what is happening it would be helpful
Sorry to say this, the problem is on your end. How you install mod and how you remove said mods plays a part. Some mods leave remnants in the save so removing them won't help. Some user have sloppy way of modding as they think everything is just plug and play and dump them in their load order without checking out for mod compatibility/conflicts or research bugs that the mods will potentially cause. I have played through TTW 3.2.2 several times and have not met your issue yet even when modded. Granted I am picky on what goes in my LO. If you are new, take time to research on the do's, don't and how's of modding.

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Quest stages are save baked, you'll need to a save before you got on the train.