Pink startup screen, ! red textures, and missing npc voices

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
XPR-KRISS-SABER

Pink startup screen, ! red textures, and missing npc voices

Post by XPR-KRISS-SABER » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 pm

When I start up TTW from the mo2 manager and start a new game my screen turns pink when loading into the baby scene. Once I can walk around as a baby I'm getting a lot of ! red diamond missing textures almost identical to this: https://imgur.com/a/e3jqemm . Plus there is no audio coming out of the NPC's such as when your dad talks to you after being born. I've followed the FAQ on pink screen and my SMainMenuMovieIntro= is how it's suppose to be. Also, for the ! red diamonds missing meshes I have copied and pasted the falloutcustom.ini from the New Vegas file onto the mo2 manager falloutcustom.ini editor. I've watched GamerPoets installation and update guides on TTW and have done everything he has instructed from them. My load order is how it's suppose to be, the only mod I have installed is the JIP LN NVSE Plug-in, and I have set my FalloutNV as administrator to allow the 4gb patcher. Please help I'm getting really annoyed because this isn't working after three re-installations. How do I get rid of these issues??

RoyBatty

Re: Pink startup screen, ! red textures, and missing npc voices

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Its missing models not textures, you missed the FalloutCustom.ini step, it's covered in the faq and video.

XPR-KRISS-SABER

Post by XPR-KRISS-SABER » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm
Its missing models not textures, you missed the FalloutCustom.ini step, it's covered in the faq and video.
"Also, for the ! red diamonds missing meshes I have copied and pasted the falloutcustom.ini from the New Vegas file onto the mo2 manager falloutcustom.ini editor." I don't want to come off as rude but the FAQ basically states what I said I did. I copied and pasted the custom ini file onto the MO2 manager ini editor as shown here https://imgur.com/a/qj9HieQ and I still get the missing models ! red diamonds, along with pink screen and no npc voices. Was there something else I missed? Or should I just delete everything and re-install again?

RoyBatty

Post by RoyBatty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Did you enable automatic archive invalidation? Also missing voices sounds like the bsa files are straight missing.

XPR-KRISS-SABER

Post by XPR-KRISS-SABER » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:55 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 pm
Did you enable automatic archive invalidation? Also missing voices sounds like the bsa files are straight missing.
So I decided to just reinstall everything to hopefully resolve the issue. But... now I have a different problem... https://imgur.com/SqYSaNZ Isn't TTW supposed to appear in the mod menu where the NVSE is, I was even able to click the mod on and off? I had it in the initial install but after I updated and changed the the mods path of MO2 to TTW 3.2.2 as GamerPoet stated but now it's no longer there.

Edit: I loaded into the game and pink screen was resolved. However, still no NPC audio and missing models still appearing. https://imgur.com/IH0QqpU this is what he sees and I have none of these...

Edit 2: I got it to work! I reinstalled everything and there's no issues!!! But how do I update the patch without screwing everything up since? I really don't want to rely on GamerPoets video since it's partially the reason I got into this mess...

Edit 3: https://imgur.com/UGZVksh This is suppose to look like this right? There doesn't need to be a 3.2.1 checkbox?

jlf65

Post by jlf65 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 pm

If you installed the 3.2.1 update into the TTW folder, it won't have its own folder. If you installed it into its own folder, it should show unless you made that folder in the wrong place.

XPR-KRISS-SABER

Post by XPR-KRISS-SABER » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 pm

jlf65 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 pm
If you installed the 3.2.1 update into the TTW folder, it won't have its own folder. If you installed it into its own folder, it should show unless you made that folder in the wrong place.
Yea, when updating to 3.2.2 it says to copy and overwrite the 3.2 TTW files with the 3.2.1 files so it'll be just one folder for both. Now I just have to see which mods can run on this.