I'm highly clueless what i did wrong

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
TackyLulu

I'm highly clueless what i did wrong

Post by TackyLulu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Okay so i just a few hours ago bought both Fallout 3 GOTY edition and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition just to play this mod.
Clean install of both, i booted up both games to generate the necessary registry keys as stated in the installation video provided by the forum. Started the basic installer (TTW Install, not TTW install without OGG reencoding) and the files were set correctly in the installer (Fallout 3 goty folder for 3, Fallout new vegas folder for NV and NV data folder for TTW since i didnt plan to run any other mods during my first run) and i selected to start the install.. 2 hours later.. it was done! yay!
But! that's just for the base installation, i noticed that JIP LN NVSE Plugin isn't automatically downloaded with the newest version anymore so i went to grab the newest one and followed the instructions to throw both folders inside the JIP zip into the NV data folder. since i was gonna run it vanilla, i'm pretty sure that was everything needed file-wise so i went to my NV folder, set the new NV exe to launch as admin (since this was a recommendation for win 10 users) and i booted up the game, excited on what the game is gonna be like since i have never played 3 and i softlocked myself in the first 10 minutes of my console NV run back when NV first came out.

but of course i ran into the issue of past the developer/publisher logos, when the game loads into the screen where there's a dude and a dog in the middle of new vegas, the game will hiccup and then crash. Every. Single. Time. i have checked the installation video and FAQ multiple times and there's nothing out of the ordinary that i would have screwed up on since i was running it vanilla through the installer and not download MO2 or something else to set it up.. wait could that be it? idk.. im at a lost so thats why im here to figure out what would be causing the crashing to even happen? did i download the wrong installer version? (i'm european so i obviously picked the europe one, maybe ill try with the north american version)

RoyBatty

Re: I'm highly clueless what i did wrong

Post by RoyBatty » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Run the default launcher (FalloutLauncher.exe) and press the DATA files button, enable all esm's.

TackyLulu

Re: I'm highly clueless what i did wrong

Post by TackyLulu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

RoyBatty wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:02 pm
Run the default launcher (FalloutLauncher.exe) and press the DATA files button, enable all esm's.
TTW.esm was unchecked for some reason, thank god that fixed the issue. :oops: