The installer won't add FalloutCustom.ini

General help and technical troubleshooting. Ask for help here if you can't find an answer in the FAQ.
Bloxyman

The installer won't add FalloutCustom.ini

Post by Bloxyman » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:44 pm

I have a problem. No matter what I do, FalloutCustom.ini will not appear in my Fallout New Vegas folder under My Games, which I believe is what's the cause of a missing meshes problem I'm having with the Reflect-O-Tron & many exterior world objects. I have looked on other websites & this one in order to find a fix. There was only ones for Mod Organizer & one that mentioned some folder with a green arrow, which is far too vague.
The following is how I installed TTW:
- Downloaded the latest TTW & its two updates.
- Uninstalled Mod Organizer.
- Performed a clean uninstall of Fallout New Vegas & then reinstalled it.
- Downloaded & installed Fallout 3.
- Ran both Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas, letting it generate the settings for my PC, & closed both.
- Copied the contents of TTW & its two updates to Steam > steamapps > common > Fallout New Vegas.
- Ran the 3.2 Main Installer, then 3.2.1, & then 3.2.2, all three had the correct file paths set.
- Downloaded & installed the latest JIP LN NVSE.

If there is any possible fix, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what it is. If this is a bug & is currently being fixed, I'll wait until it's fixed.

RoyBatty

Re: The installer won't add FalloutCustom.ini

Post by RoyBatty » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:55 pm

With or without MO2?

Risewild

Post by Risewild » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:11 am

You can make the FalloutCustom.ini manually by using the settings described in our FAQ.

Mod Organizer needs to have ini files set using it's own ini "system", if I remember correctly.
Unfortunately I don't use MO since I don't really mod my TTW, so I can't remember how to do it correctly.
Signature:

Bloxyman

Post by Bloxyman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 pm

I finally managed to fix the problem. The FalloutCustom.ini was on my admin account. I managed to find this article here on the TTW website:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7579